Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello! I need a big push!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:55 PM
  • 4 Replies

My name is Ashley and I am a stay at home Mom of a 19month old and a 10week old. I am hoping to find a friend who has the same weight lose goals as me. 

I am a size 14, weighing in at 211ish (It goes from 209-214 depending on the day) 

I am hoping to lose 50pounds by Christmas- But I am so bad! I love soda, chocolate and eat when I'm bored... 

Can someone please help me! I need to be pushed. My MIL is always saying if you loose weight I'll buy you new clothes, or if you loose weight...blah blah blah- I am happy, but I want to wear Cute clothes again! (My smallest size was a 13, in high school) 

Boog and LiLi are my world... I know I might be not be a cover girl, I may not be a marathone runner or a doctor, but I know I am a good mom and thats all I need to know.... I'm not always right, but I am learning as I go.... I vacinate, co-sleep, co-shower, Breastfeed, let them CIO when they needs to,  sing crazy made up songs, and say what I think, even if I know it may be wrong... Mommy to Jacob and Liza. And Lover to my Logger Joel

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
megandrosesmom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:12 PM

HI Ashley, My name is Erin! I too was a big fan of soda and chocolate!! As far as the soda goes,  I like it for the bubbles, not neccessarily for the taste. I've been buying the flavored sparkling water.(Walmart makes a good one, lots of flavor)  I've found just by stopping the soda, I was able to lose 7 Lbs. I still have soda occasionally. As far as the chocolate?? I will still get a Hershey Bar occasionally, but when I want chocolate I have a cup of Sugar Free or Fat free Hot chocolate!! That usually does the trick for me!

I have about 100 Lbs to lose, but I will settle for 75 Lbs. I'm giving myself until I turn 40 next November. If I do it before then, great and if not, I'll keep working!!  Feel free to conatct me anytime. We can all use a helping hand every now and again, or an ear to listen!

Take care,

Erin

Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/megandrosesmom
3sweetiepies
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Hey Ashley!!! My name is Kellen. My goal is to lose 40 pounds by Christmas!! I'm about 180 and i'd love to drop back to pre-baby weight, which is 130ish. I'm trying for 140 by Christmas, then i'll see from there. I was 130ish when i got married 5 years ago.Then i had 2 babies 17 months apart and now my body hates me. LOL

I'm also really bad about sodas!!!! I joined a gym last thursday and have been going everyday.It has really helped me stay focused. I'm also a stay at home mom so i wait until my husband gets home from work then i go to the gym.It really helps eliminate nighttime snacking!!

Message me if you want to. Id love a buddy to help kick my butt into losing all this weight!  =)

rockinmomto2
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 10:17 AM

Hi Ashley! The hardest part is getting started. You really have to make that choice for yourself, not because someone else has pushed you into it. I started all of this weighing 228 lbs...my heaviest other than pregnancy. I felt GROSS. So last week, I started at 224 lbs working out and counting calories (while eating healthy). As of this morning, I am 214.6 lbs. My size 18 jeans are too big, and my 16s are starting to fit quite nicely. For me, now, seeing the scale go down is my biggest boost. Knowing that I've lost the weight is awesome. I also FEEL like I've lost weight. I'm stronger, it's easier for me to get around, and I'm happier. My goal is to get back into my 12/14 clothes by Christmas morning. That's the size I was before I had my oldest DD, who's almost 5. It's takes a lot of dedication (I'm working out 5 days a week for 45 minutes at a time), but it's SO worth it! You should also think about joining a website called MyFitnessPal.com. I'm using it, and it's AWESOME. It's also free :D. Good luck with your journey!

ladyluke2007
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Hey Ashley,  I'm and I am new here too.  I have some of the same goals that you do, but I don't know that I'll make if before Christmas.  Someone mention the flavored waters at Wal-mart.  They are great and come in a few different flavors.  I also have tried drinking more water too and eating more fresh fruits and veggies.  I have lost 8 pounds now.  I was 248.  I'm down to 240 now and that is just in the past month and for exercise I am walking and swimming. 

Good Luck

Trish

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)