Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Belly fat!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:15 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am getting so frustrated! I have lost about 18 lbs now and I still have about 20 more to go to reach my goal, but overall I am very happy with just about every part of my body. All except my belly! It has def gotten smaller, but lately it had not improved! I do everything I can think of to get it to go away and the lower part(with all the stretch marks) just stays flabby and gross! I have heard of diets that target the belly, but I'm pretty sure they are a lot of BS lol I'm sure most moms have this same problem. Anyone been successful in firming their stretched out bellies? I'm not looking for perfection, but I just want it to be better than it is now.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SarahLuvs
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:09 PM

I'm sorry, I can't offer help on targeting just one area, my body gains weight all over and loses all over, a blessing and a curse!  My best guess would be cutting the crap from your diet, and sodas, of course any foods that cause bloat could contribute to your belly.  Water is amazing, I notice when I increase my water that I am less bloated and everything feels a little bit firmer, I get less jiggle in my wiggle ya know?

Good luck!

SoniaL
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:16 PM

My belly is where i gain too.  It is the absolute last place to look great on me (if it ever does! lol)  The most success I think i have had with it was after losing all the weight i had wanted, keeping up with my cardio & weights and doing yoga as well.  I have always just had to let my belly lose when it was ready.

Tigger0281
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Cardio and weights are my best pieces of advice. Also something else, have you taken your belly measurements. It may be going down but not as noticeable to you as it was at first.

colieshea
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I track my weight and body measurements online. I do both cardio and weights every time I go to the gym. I eat very healthy, no soda or anything like that, but I do drink coffee in the morning, with Coffeemate creamer. Maybe the creamer is what's making my belly look bloated. I've tried nonfat and sugarfree versions, also using Stevia in my coffee, and I just don't think it tastes good. And I need my coffee in the morning, or I wil get a migraine (other caffeine like green tea doesn't work)

Quoting Tigger0281:

Cardio and weights are my best pieces of advice. Also something else, have you taken your belly measurements. It may be going down but not as noticeable to you as it was at first.

ChristenaH
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:45 PM

I've been doing Turbo and it's the first time I've seen any change in my stomach - I have a 'long' way to go but I'm getting these little areas that my husband loves  ;-)

So I don't know if it's just the dancing and crunches or what? I know it is the hardest place to lose weight but once it comes off you just have to work on tightening those muscles.

Don't give up, it will come.

ChaoticAtBest
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 8:47 AM

watch what you eat, keep up the cardio and of course ab exercises will help keep the muscles under the belly toned ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)