Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

walk....walk...walk

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:18 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am on day one of my diet. I have been doing good as far as food. But is walking a good form of a workout? I am walking in the morning and at night with my husband . So im walking about 2 miles a day . Is that enough help me lose weight???

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Tigger0281
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Any amount of activity is better than none. Walking is great and there are studies that show it reduces the risk of heart problems too! Have you seen our Walking the Amazon post?

KristensMoM305
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:35 PM

I am on day one of my diet, too! I walked home from my daughter's school this morning (2 miles) & mowed 2 yards, mine & one for my elderly neighbor across the street. Kudos to you & your drive in getting healthier. Every little bit helps :p

ChristenaH
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Hi ! And if you are walking a brisk pace you are doing great with 2 miles a day! It is a good way to prepare your body for other exercises, if that is your desire.

There are some really good walking programs out there. I think Prevention magazine, their website has one planned out.

Enjoy those walks! My husband and I take a midnight walk at least 4 times a week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)