Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ok i had a question about eating to loose weight EDITED

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:54 PM
  • 4 Replies

is it good to eat multigrain cheerios i be eating a small bowl in the morning and lunche something small and by 6 pm i dont eat anything just drink water is that good thing to loose weight i even move around alot with two kids yea is alot of work lol and i suffer from anemia i found out the second day when i just barely gave birth

Proud mommy to 2 princesses =)

Yesenia 2/01/08                                                 

Rubi 7/27/10

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:17 PM

You are NOT eating enough..period. You need to find out how many calories your body needs in order to be inactive- your BMR or starvation mode number...anything under 1200 calories is very dangerous.

You will lose the weight, but it will not be healthy at all and you will gain it all back.

Join a site like sparkpeople.com and calculate your BMR and journal your exercise and food.

I eat around 1300-1500 cals a day when I am trying to lose weight, but I also workout intensely 6 days per week.

I started in December 09' at 5'1", 34 yrs old, 167 lbs and a size 12... with a lot of hard work and determination, I am now 115 lbs and a size 1 in juniors. I've lost over 50 lbs and 42" off my body.

You need to eat a whole lot more than just cheerios in a day.

Claire

sji1976
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:21 PM
Wow. Nice job claire. Just curious on what you typically eat throughout the day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Princess7777
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Sometimes if you don't eat enough your body will start storing food like it's in starving mode and then it's harder to lose weight.  You need some calories to burn and some more calories to get it going with the metabalism.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Quoting sji1976:

Wow. Nice job claire. Just curious on what you typically eat throughout the day

This is today's menu:

Breakfast- yoplait light yogurt ( 100 cals), nature's own multigrain english muffin ( 100 cals) 1 slice lower sodium bacon ( 35 cals) 1 slice Weight Watcher's cheese ( 45 cals) plum ( 46 cals)

Snack- Tall, decaf, skinny upside down caramel macchiatto from Starbucks- 90 cals

Lunch- 2 slices Nature's own whole wheat bread ( 70 cals), schwan's spicy chicken breast ( 190 cals) 1 slice Weight Watcher's cheese (45 cals) 5 grams light miracle whip and a small bag of chips ( 150 cals)

Dinner- 3.6 oz turkey meatloaf ( full of mushrooms, spinach and onions), 1 serving Bird's eye steamfresh peas, 1 serving bird's eye steamfresh asian medley, and mashed potatoes ( dinner was 383 cals total)

I've had a gallon of water as well...

My evening snack was horrible... I was at 1200 cals for the day and since I'm in maintenance mode I needed about 500 more cals...Dh was craving Taco Bell so I had a cheese roll up ( 200 cals) and cheesy nachos ( 280 cals)....I've burned almost 2600 cals today and consumed about 1700....

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)