Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any runners?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:48 PM
  • 8 Replies

I really have found that i enjoy running. Im just having a hard time keeping going. Tonight was a mess. i was so angry with my head phones that all i ran was 1.5 miles because i just couldnt handle the head phones not staying in my ears and at that point i was just done. i wanted to throw the dang things on the ground and stomp on them like a little kid. I ended up coming home and taking them back to the store and getting a different pair...and i feel better.

How do you get through a long run. My music kept me going last night, and i was able to run a full 3 miles. and i was sooo looking forward to that again tonight.

Do you give yourself a time? Do you try to get it done faster each time you run?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:19 PM

I prefer running on a treadmill..I live in GA and it's still really hot and humid even in the dark so I like my A/C.... I plug my mp3 player into the treadmill in the bedroom, have my water bottle on the dresser, a fan at my back, my towel on the machine and the machine's tiny fan going...then, I set my pace and go...

I ran a 5K today and finished it up by walking to cool down to finish the 1/4 mile. I typically run a mile in 13:32....sometimes I'll push the pace higher, but 4.5 mph is my happy place! :-)

I run several times a week- Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday...Mon, Wed, and Sat are cross train days and Friday is my off day.

Claire

Mommy2LnJ
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 5:16 PM

I love running too. It seems to help me sort through all my worries and stresses mentally. The most I run at a time though is about 2 miles. I use my treadmill. What type of head phones are you using? SO made me buy these ear bud things that actually go into your ear... they work amazing... only now I realized I need something like an arm band to hold my iPod. I have ripped out the cord and dropped it so many times lol.

kirasmommy7
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 6:48 PM

I got some head phones yesterday at walmart, they had foam padding and it went inside your ear.. and they would not stay in, i was so mad that i was just done. I took them back to walmart and got  the cheap $9 pair of gummy ear buds. They fit in my ears much better. I was tuggin on them a little and they didnt just fall out. I would use my ipod ones, but the right bud does not work. Which causes anger because i love my volume switch on them.. I wear 2 sports bras and put my phone in between them. iheartradio is the best :)

Quoting Mommy2LnJ:

I love running too. It seems to help me sort through all my worries and stresses mentally. The most I run at a time though is about 2 miles. I use my treadmill. What type of head phones are you using? SO made me buy these ear bud things that actually go into your ear... they work amazing... only now I realized I need something like an arm band to hold my iPod. I have ripped out the cord and dropped it so many times lol.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

darbykeep
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Running is my newest obsession!  I absolutely LOVE it!  I run outside at a park near my house...it's actually a bike trail...5.3 miles!  It's wonderful and a great way to de-stress!  I have the same problem with head phones...none of those bud ear phones stay in my ears so I have some of the old fashioned ones that pretty much cover your entire ear and then wrap around your ear so they stay on.  I don't have problems anymore!

kirasmommy7
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Wow. 5.3 miles?! Thats alot! I hope my fiance decides to let me get an elliptical for an early xmas present when it starts getting cold outside :)

KenzieRoosMom
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Running is my stress reliever. I just set my mind to the amount of time that I want to run and go for it, though my favorite run is 10k( though my max is 12 miles) . When I first started running, I really struggled. Each step felt like a hundred and I had a hard time just keeping going because I was thinking " this is hard!" Once i got past that, I loved it and just run for the fun of it. I time myself just so I can sort of calculate my speed but I run for distance/stress relief not for time.

PS have you see the runners group on here? Pretty rockin!

" Your children will become what you are; so be what you want them to be."
David Bly

ChaoticAtBest
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 10:47 PM

if my headphones don't work, I just turn the music up on my phone enough that I can hear it, but not be blasting to everyone around me.

jazzy02
by on Sep. 3, 2010 at 1:19 AM

Runing is my addiction i love running  i also have the gummy ear phones on my mp3 and they stay on i dont have a problem with them at all, the most i hava ran is 13.1 miles, i run every other day and one day i have a long run which is between 8 to 10 miles and my short runs are 4 to 6 miles. Im gonna be training soon to run my very first full marathon(in Jan) which is 26.2 miles im really excited about it. When i started running i could not even a half mile and i felt like i was dying and slowly i improved.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)