Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

something new

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:25 PM
  • 9 Replies

Have you tried anything new lately to eat? Something that maybe you never thought you would try?

I did. My sil made a 7 layer taco dip and I tried it while visiting her a couple weekends ago. I never ever thought I would try something like that because of all the ingredients. I did though and surprise surprise, I actually liked it!

I have made it twice since I coming back home and my hubs loves it too! which I knew he would as he eats almost anything..lol

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Haydensmommy620
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:26 PM
Mmm tacos.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elsasmom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:59 PM

I was putting rainbow chard in everything recently. Never tried it before this, but it's so attractive and so good, wonder why it ever took me this long:)

ChaoticAtBest
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:54 PM

interesting ! I have never used chard in anything so IDK what it tastes like..lol

dntbgmeb4cofe
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:12 PM

We have had sweet potato fries and they were baked in the oven and actually good.

ChaoticAtBest
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:18 PM

i have heard of sweet potato fries, how different do they taste from regular?

inkedmomma84
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 6:45 AM

Mmmm taco dip....

ChaoticAtBest
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 7:58 AM

Seven Layer Taco Dip

Seven Layer Taco Dip Recipe

By: SUE CASE 
"I am continuously asked to bring this dip for parties and family get-togethers. People gather around the platter until it's gone. Five layers of Mexican-inspired delights are topped by a layer of vegetables, then smothered in cheese and garnished with black olives. The vegetables may be varied according to taste."
Prep Time:
  30 Min
Ready In:
  30 Min

Servings  (Help)

US  Metric Calculate

Original Recipe Yield 1 dip

Ingredients

• 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
  • 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
  • 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
  • 1 large tomato, chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 bunch chopped green onions
  • 1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
  • 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
  • 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions

1. In a medium bowl, blend the taco seasoning mix and refried beans. Spread the mixture onto a large serving platter.
  2. Mix the sour cream and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Spread over the refried beans.
  3. Top the layers with salsa. Place a layer of tomato, green bell pepper, green onions and lettuce over the salsa, and top with Cheddar cheese. Garnish with black olives.

Nutritional Information open nutritional information

Amount Per Serving  Calories: 66 | Total Fat: 4.9g | Cholesterol: 13mg

Elsasmom
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Quoting ChaoticAtBest:

interesting ! I have never used chard in anything so IDK what it tastes like..lol

The only reason I had it is I do a produce delivery service where you choose the size bag you want, but you can't pick and choose what you get. So I got this big bunch of rainbow chard which was so pretty that I half thought about sticking it in a vase lol. I just started playing around with it, saute it in olive oil, throw in some red pepper flakes (cuz I like spicy!) and I used it in pasta, omelets, on brown rice. It'd go great in soup, too, I just wasn't making soup that week.

Haydensmommy620
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 2:35 PM
V8 tomato juice. Not the best but it works until I go fruit n veggie shop
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)