Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

desperate for tips please

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:35 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hey all, I've been trying to diet and exercise for the last 2 months.. weightloss has been horrendously slow. I jog/walk 3-4 miles a day, do stepping for half an hour a day, and often do some yoga/pilates to try to get in some upper body workouts. I'm noticing my legs are a lot leaner.. but weight wise NOTHING IS WORKING. I've cut down my portion sizes and I've cut out juice and pop and caffeine, so pretty much drinking just water and milk. I eat 4-5 small meals a day sometimes, I've started eating breakfast which I never used to eat.. and I almost feel like I'm GAINING weight instead of losing.

Does muscle gain quicker than fat loses or what am I doing?? I'm desperate for help PLEASE if anyone can help me I'd really really appreciate tips!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ChaoticAtBest
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:20 PM

are you watching your calories? You need to know your bmr because if you aren't getting enough calories, you will not lose weight and can gain weight.

QueenieAbby
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 2:41 PM

You can gain muscle while losing fat.  But, most likely your menu plan is what is holding you back.  I'd love to take a look at a day's worth of meals.  Maybe I can pinpoint something for you and give you some tips.  :)

~ Coach Abby, FNS & CPT, HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS MODERATOR

Need a healthy meal plan to jumpstart your weight loss?  Ecoomically priced, you receive 14 days worth of meals in the right proportions for your weight!  Check out www.911BodyResQ.comGet your meal plan now!"

nlelias
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 3:56 PM
Thanks ill post on sunday when I'm back at work -too hard via mobile lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wiferichie
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 8:18 PM

i think i posted this on another one, http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5826450/how_i_lost_my_weight.html?cat=5 , but here is something i wrote about me losing weight. maybe something on there will help you ???? im trying to lose weight again though, because i just had another baby!

nlelias
by on Oct. 6, 2010 at 9:17 AM
I'm keeping a food journal.. The link for it is under the journal section. I also met with a nutritionist on monday and she says I gotta get more protein .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)