Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone up for this?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:23 PM
  • 2 Replies

Hey ladies,

I am looking for someone who wants to do some intense working out and loosing some serious weight with. As it is now i run 3 times a week (if you have an ipod or iphone ill send you what program i am using) and i want to start the jillian michaels 30 day shred so all in all i want to work out sometimes twice a day. Looking for a buddy to keep me motivated and to compare results, calorie counting, meal plans, water consumption, and to check in on work outs. 

I am also incorperating the workouts that I did in boot camp (air force) and the workouts that my fiance did in the marine corps (hes deployed so i dont have the peanut gallery correcting me) 

it sounds tough but its not really. I am recovering from a torn MCL and really want to loose about 50-60 lbs that ive put on since so its not too hard on me knee so it shouldnt be too hard on you either. If you're interested let me know.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
kimmybaby
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:43 PM

i am in the same boat as you!! i have 50-60 lbs that i want to lose and i would love to do it as fast as possible.... i am willing to do 2 workouts a day.... i do p90x and i also like to do 35-40 mins on my treadmill.... i also have JM 30 day shred and may even start that with you instead of the treadmill if we buddy up for this.... the thing im having the most trouble with is my diet.... if i can get the extra money to spend i want to order some shakeology.... but in the meantime i have my protein powder for post workout shakes and keep the baked chicken and fish in my menu.... its the weekends that are the hardest.....i am ALWAYS online, so let me know if you want to buddy up to help motivate each other!!

kristina90
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Sounds good. I am starting at 178 lbs. I am great with diets and working out but frankly i get bored with it after about a week. Heres my plan: I am running monday wednesday and fridays and doing JM 30 day shread tuesdays thursdays and saturdays. Every day i do Air force circuits. 

AF circuits:

To start off try doing planks (push up position but on ur elbows) keep ur back straight and a book on the floor in front of you (keeps you distracted) set your timer for 5 minutes and try to make it all the way through. DO NOT LOOK AT THE CLOCK TO TIME YOURSELF. its all a psychological thing and the book or magazine will help you keep ur mind busy and off the exhaustion. Start off doing real push ups not girl push ups. at the end of 2 weeks. If you can do five then u should be proud of yourself. I push myself to do 100 push ups a day   (5 here and 5 there) your boobs should be sore by the way...ur pushing up not pushing down so push up and let urself fall it will keep you honest so ur going down so your elbows are either at 90 degrees or lower than 90 degrees. you can also put a towel to cushion ur boobs when u fall because u will be sore for a while)

2 minute crunches feet in the air or on the couch. Air force doesnt require much for sit ups just hold on to the straps on ur bra and make ur elbows touch ur knees. AF also does 3 count crunches (left arm to right knee down both touch down right arm to left knee) thats one and repeat. 

Squat thrust--start with 5 and work ur way up to 50--standing and bend down, kick ur legs out so ur in a push up position...jump and pull ur legs back up and stand up (thats 1) keep ur head up or u will get dizzy

Pyramid push ups--start with 1 and work ur way up to 5 and down to 1--do 1 push up and switch to sitting put ur hands on ur shoulders (like ur raising the roof) and lift ur arms in the air roll back do 2 push ups roll lift ur arms in the air twice and roll 3 push ups roll 3 "raise the roof" and continue up to 5 and back down to 1

if u have the energy to do more after this then do more repetions of whatever feels the best (hardest) for you. 

Obviously this is just what I am doing but if you want to follow it then we can do it together. 

As for meals. I dont deny myself anything but i did go to walmart to the baby section and got a toddler plate. For meals i fill the plate with whatever i am eating and keep it leveled out. So im only eating as much as my 3 year old. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)