Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Lara's Journal

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 8:05 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hello Ladies,

My name is Lara.  I am a 37 year old mom of four.  I am 5'6" tall. I also have MS.  I have teetered at about 175 pounds since my twins were born 14 years ago.  Of course I would gain while pregnant but I did manage to make it back to the 175 mark.  Then my health really took a nose dive and I was diagnosed with MS.  At one point shortly after beginning treatment my weight was a high as 250.  After detoxing and turning to natural healing I manages to get things under control and get back to the 175ish AND put the MS into remission or sorts. So then I started focusing on getting off the plateau and actually losing weight.  I got down to 150 and was feeling pretty good about it 135-140 is where I really would like to be...WELL I had a tubal pregnancy SURPRISE last May and almost died on the operating table.  The recovery was horrible I lost both tubes had bladder damage and a bruised kidney.  The tube literally exploded.  AND now I am back to the fluffy wonderful weight of your guessed it 177.  Dont get me wrong I am happy to be alive and I am happy to say that the MS is still "resting" but I am basically starting over on the whole weight lose thing.  I am going to use Sparkpeople to track and calculate things.  So here goes... 

by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
irishg6pk
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 8:11 AM

Me now...

irishg6pk
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 10:05 PM

So here is my first day stats.

calories 1200

carbs 139

protein 47

fat 66

I drank one diet soda and 8 glasses of water.

I worked out on the elliptical for 35 minutes.

ChaoticAtBest
by on Oct. 1, 2010 at 12:12 PM

wow, scary story on the surprise pregnancy! I am glad that you are better now and that your MS is in "resting"

You can do this !

millermom07
by on Oct. 1, 2010 at 12:16 PM
So glad you are ok. I have tons of wonderful friends on sparkpeople even though I no longer use the site for tracking my calories. Good luck!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
irishg6pk
by on Oct. 1, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Thanks ladies...sparks is a great place to be while you are getting started or getting into the groove of counting calories and such.  I go back and forth when I need motivation and accountablility lol.

irishg6pk
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Day 2: Stats

Calories 1490

Carbs 188

Fat 51

Protein 83

Fitness: 10 sets of 12 reps 5 different strength training elements with weights walks a mile in 20 minutes.

brandymarie77
by on Oct. 5, 2010 at 1:27 PM

I am not really obsessing about the calorie thing. I am however buying healthier items and I am doing weight watchers and it is easy for me. I dont feel hungry all the time either. I havent did my first weigh in yet, but will start keeping a journal for people to see. When i saw myself skyrocket to 290 I said NO MORE. I want to lose 140 pounds.

irishg6pk
by on Oct. 5, 2010 at 9:19 PM

Hey Ladies,

I am going to get my journal caught up tomorrow.  My MS has been acting up and hubby got hurt in a training event so I havent been able to getthings on here the last couple of days. 

brandymarie77 I didnt focus much on calories at first either.  It was all about baby steps and settling goals that would lead to a healthier lifestyle.  A journal really does help!  You will do great. 

ChaoticAtBest
by on Oct. 5, 2010 at 9:38 PM

I hope you feel better soon momma!

jennyjennbug
by on Oct. 6, 2010 at 7:55 AM

I hope you start feeling better soon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN