Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Weight Watchers Points System?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:59 AM
  • 18 Replies

I was wondering if any of you have tried the new weight watchers points system. Do you like it? Does it work for you? I dropped weight watchers because it just wasn't working for me, but if the new system is better, I am willing to give it a try.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
creamnshugar
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:42 AM

BUMP... id also like to know!!

PattyDG
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:12 PM

BUMP! Let's try that again. :)

Nykkii
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:19 PM

I read something about it.  I think you get more points?  And some fruits have no points now?  The old system works for me, so I'm keeping with that. 

i.heart.rachel
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Would love to know!!

MommieOfCamden
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:53 PM

I've been on weight watchers for a little over 2 months. I've been on the "pointsplus" system for about 2 weeks. I've lost 5 pounds since starting the points plus, it's awesome! I was so skeptical of weight watchers but I love it!!! I've lost 20 pounds!

darbykeep
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:11 PM

With the new system, all fruit and veggies are zero points!  Points are calculated by fat, carbs, fiber, and protein, NOT calories anymore.  Everything is more points, but you also get more points each day as well as more points for the week too.  I'm not doing it anymore, but that's the quick version of the new system.

i.heart.rachel
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Quoting darbykeep:

With the new system, all fruit and veggies are zero points!  Points are calculated by fat, carbs, fiber, and protein, NOT calories anymore.  Everything is more points, but you also get more points each day as well as more points for the week too.  I'm not doing it anymore, but that's the quick version of the new system.

Does anyone have the run down of it online? I'd love to try it but surely cannot pay for the subscription. I can't believe it's MORE expensive than meetings in person.

Please respond to this post to encourage me on my weight loss journey! 

Nykkii
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:46 PM

It's more expensive because there is a huge forum, like CM, only it's all for WW, weight loss and fitness.  You have access to soooo many WW recipes, a food journal, a recipe builder (builds the points values as you put in ingredients), a workout journal and soooo many other things. 

i.heart.rachel
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:02 PM

You can get lots of recipes online for free too which is awesome. :) I just couldn't justify spending that amount, unfortunately. 

jbishop928
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:11 PM

I do it on my own, but I looked online at some information (don't remember the site lol) and it seems more complicated! I might have my aunt-in-law  look into it for me because she pays for it!! It's working for me. Not the past couple weeks because I've SLACKED majorly, but tomorrow I'm back full force!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)