Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Jenn's Journal! (also new to the group)

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:58 PM
  • 44 Replies

Hello ladies!

I just discovered this group.. I know I am too late to really start the competition but I like the idea of weight loss journals and hopefully getting some encouragement on this long journey. I am a mother of two beautiful children and I have been through two c-sections and of course, like some, thought well I'm pregnant so I'll eat whatever I want... yea right.. bad idea. :))  I gained 50lbs with my daughter (granted I was not all that skinny bc I had already got up to 150 then and then gained the extra from pregnancy) after having her I started to loose the weight, I was working out, hardly eatting out at all, barely any alcohol, pretty much doing evertyhing right and lost the 50lbs I had gained and was working on loosing more.. however I got pregnant again. THis one I felt like I was doing things right.. was eatting out as much and everything... it took forever for me to actually gain any weight so I felt pretty darn good until the last two months and I gained another 50lbs again... heartbreaking.  After having my son.. I havent lost anything.. its been almost two years and I am down to 169. thats it.. I am only 4ft 11in so thats alot for me.  I have been alot inmy marriage already so I'm having a hard time with motovation and I am hoping this journal gives it to me. 

so I guess this is my first one.  I'll do measurements tonighht and add it as a reply to this post and then go from there.. I am gonna try to come up with the courage to do before pictures tonight .. however.. dont look to forward to it bc that might be the hardest thing for me. 

This is the start of a healthier living and a happier life for me and my children! jumping rope

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nykkii
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Good luck!! 

KJ_on
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:12 PM
Im just starting too.
i.heart.rachel
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:28 PM

You're not too late! I joined like 3 days ago and have over 100 responses to my post! You can do it! Good luck!

Jenn3307
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:44 PM

thank ya'll!

luvmyTimia
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:53 PM

I just joined the group too...really hoping to stick to my plan this time.  Good luck!!

Jenn3307
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Well... So much for a great start to this weight loss... I just got frustrated and ate three ginerbread cookies.. :/ ... so sad.  I forgot to mention I'm a smoker.. but I dont like smokin when its just me and the kids... since I smoke doesnt mean I choose that for my kids.. so we smoke outside and away from them however I dont like leaving them in the house when its just me and the kids so I dont usually smoke til they are in bed or my hubs gets home.. I know I should stop but I eat and eat and eat when I try cause I have before.. so... I got frustrated and ate three cookies.. how lame.. bad

Nykkii
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:29 PM

LOL.  My doctor and I decided it was a good idea for me to wait until after I lost most of the weight I wanted to lose and was completely on the healthy wagon before trying quitting again.  I had a Chantix script.  It worked awesome!  Smoking gave me no satisfaction at all.  I had no desire to do it.  But since I'm a sahm and it was winter time then (in Maine), I ate more out of boredom and searching for satisfaction in something I put in my mouth, I guess.  I gained 9 lbs in the 14 days I was on it.  So I stopped taking it and started smoking again.. Lol.  I just couldn't risk gaining any more weight.  I was up to 270 then! 

Work on healthy eating first.  Worry about quitting after your eating is under control, otherwise you'll compensate :) 

Jenn3307
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Quoting Nykkii:

LOL.  My doctor and I decided it was a good idea for me to wait until after I lost most of the weight I wanted to lose and was completely on the healthy wagon before trying quitting again.  I had a Chantix script.  It worked awesome!  Smoking gave me no satisfaction at all.  I had no desire to do it.  But since I'm a sahm and it was winter time then (in Maine), I ate more out of boredom and searching for satisfaction in something I put in my mouth, I guess.  I gained 9 lbs in the 14 days I was on it.  So I stopped taking it and started smoking again.. Lol.  I just couldn't risk gaining any more weight.  I was up to 270 then! 

Work on healthy eating first.  Worry about quitting after your eating is under control, otherwise you'll compensate :) 

Thank you! lol I will do that.. its so hard to loose weight when I get frustrated.. guess I'm emotional eater... thats how I've gotten so heavy to begin with... things have not been easy and so I guess I take it all out on food.. :/ needs to change..

ChaoticAtBest
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:39 PM

welcome to the group :) Never to late to join a competition!

Good luck on your weight loss journey and I am glad you are taking your measurements as they will be something you are glad you have later. Don't forget before pictures to so you can see the changes going on.!

Jenn3307
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Quoting ChaoticAtBest:

welcome to the group :) Never to late to join a competition!

Good luck on your weight loss journey and I am glad you are taking your measurements as they will be something you are glad you have later. Don't forget before pictures to so you can see the changes going on.!

what measurements should I do?! so new to this..

waist.. legs and arms?  of course weight  :))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)