Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need a jump start ladies!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:27 PM
  • 8 Replies

So I just found this group and have been browsing through the posts and am amazed at all of your willpower!  I need you ladies to give me a push here.  I am 5'7" and weight around 240ish, not sure of the exact number because I do NOT own a scale.  I have gotten totally out of control w/ food.  I am have a ginormous sweet tooth and am addicted to Dr. Pepper.  I am totally unmotivated when it comes to working out or getting any type of exercise.  I work full time so after work I like to just come home and relax after racing to get dinner on the table so my hubby can go to work at nights.  Speaking of hubby, thats another problem I have.  I feel like I have to eat what he eats, and to be honest the man is a human garbage disposal.  He can eat whatever he wants in gigantic portions and NEVER gain a pound....it sickens me. 

So I need your best tips/advice.  I am a picky eater so that makes it harder for me to eat healthier.  I am really wanting to start a plan and STICK w/ it.  I have started a weight loss plan a zillion times and just get bored or have no motivation and I give up.  The worst thing is that I have zero patience so when I don't see immediate results, I get frustrated and give up. 

HELP ME!!

I know this is not the best pic, but it's the only one I have where I didn't immediately delete it from the camera. 

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
i.heart.rachel
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:32 PM

I have about 65lbs to lose if you'd like to be weight loss partners! Not sure how much you want to lose.

Do you work days or evenings?

What are your favorite foods? 

I don't eat fish and I hate anything green but have learned to make my favorite meals healthier. Instead of making mashed potatoes with butter I use fat free sour cream and skim milk. Instead of making mac & cheese in a box I use low fat or fat free shredded cheese and bake it like a casserole. I don't eat the best but the alternatives have really helped me!

Nykkii
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Good luck!!  You CAN do this!  Make a plan to stick with it for a month, regardless of whether you see results or not.  This way, if you don't see them after a week, you can tell yourself.. "3 more weeks before I can give up." 

Drink a TON of water! 

Start walking.  Jog in place or do squats while you do dishes. 

Take all of your measurements, since you don't have a scale.  I regretted not taking measurements when I went down a size in pants. 

Eat more fruits and veggies. 

Eat small meals more often.... every 3 or 4 hours.  This will help boost your metabolism. 

If you have On Demand, see if you can find a workout video on there and stick with it.  If not, if you can afford $10, Walmart has lots of workouts to choose from. 

You don't have to eat what your husband eats, but you can, in moderation.  Switch to smaler plates, unless you're filling the big plate with veggies. 

Watch portions. 

Find out how many calories you should have to per day to lose weight.  Someone else can point you there.  I follow WW, so it's points, not calories.  But these awesome ladies in here have posted the link many times before to finding out your daily calories. 

Keep journaling.  Tell us what you eat.  We'll see if we can suggest something healthier.  Plus, when you look at your food intake, sometimes that's what it takes to realize.. Whoa... I didn't realize I ate that much crap!!  Lol. 

Don't be afraid to ask questions here.  It's a great group of women, all willing to help you out if you need it :) 

luvmyTimia
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

I have about 65lbs to lose if you'd like to be weight loss partners! Not sure how much you want to lose.

Do you work days or evenings?

What are your favorite foods? 

I don't eat fish and I hate anything green but have learned to make my favorite meals healthier. Instead of making mashed potatoes with butter I use fat free sour cream and skim milk. Instead of making mac & cheese in a box I use low fat or fat free shredded cheese and bake it like a casserole. I don't eat the best but the alternatives have really helped me!

Thanks that would awesome!!!  I would also like to lose around 60 lbs if not more.  I just want to be comfortable in my body again.  I work days but I sit in front of a computer the whole time so I am on here and facebook all through the day.

I like your ideas on the mashed potatoes and  mac & cheese, I will definitely be trying that.  The only veggies I like are green beans, corn, squash only if its fried (I guess that wouldn't count huh) and potatoes.  I do like some fruits.  I LOVE bread and pasta.  Not a huge fan of red meat...so that leaves me eating a lot of chicken. 

luvmyTimia
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Thanks Nykki, i appreciate the all of the advice!!  It's so great that there are so many women here supporting each other. 

I was thinking about checking out Zumba...anyone have experience w/ it?

Nykkii
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:48 PM

I want to do it soooo bad, but it's expensive.  I think someone was saying they found it On Demand... not sure if that was in here or not.  Or you could check out your local gym.  They might have it there.  It's supposed to be soooo much fun!  I've never heard anything bad about it. 

luvmyTimia
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Quoting Nykkii:

I want to do it soooo bad, but it's expensive.  I think someone was saying they found it On Demand... not sure if that was in here or not.  Or you could check out your local gym.  They might have it there.  It's supposed to be soooo much fun!  I've never heard anything bad about it. 

There is actually a Zumba fitness place that just opened down the street from me.  I saw the signs out on my way home from work.  I think I will see if they will let you do a trial class and try it out.  I'll look on demand tonight too and try to find it there 1st. 

Nykkii
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Jillian's 30 Day Shred should be On Demand.  It's a real workout, but it's only 20 mins.  If you do it, keep a bottle of water next to you and stop if you need to.  I honestly thought I might die the first time I did it.  Haha. 

ChaoticAtBest
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:33 PM

good luck!! Think of it as a lifestyle change vs a diet. Men suck which is why they can eat and eat and eat..lol My husband is the same way, he's tall and skinny but he is super active.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)