Share your healthier Casseroles here ~
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, beans, dressing, taco
- seasoning and cumin. Place three tortillas in a 2-qt. baking dish
- coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the meat mixture, sour
- cream and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 400Â° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes
- longer or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before
- topping with lettuce, tomato and cilantro. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 357 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 864 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
*don't forget to make it even healthier use wheat tortillas & either ground chicken or turkey!