Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New Year's Challenge Day 15: Wash It Out

You're about half-way through the New Year's Resolution Weight Loss Challenge! Congrats on making it this far!

Your activity for January 15 is perfect for the weekend, when you have more time to catch up on household tasks. Make the most of cleanup time with today's activity: Wash It Out.

Take 30 minutes today and wash something very thoroughly. Do it quickly and with as much energy as you can muster. You could vacuum all the carpeted rooms in your house, wash your windows, scrub your refrigerator, mop your floors, or all of the above. Whatever you choose to do, use as much movement and intensity as you can, so that you're getting a workout as you do it.

Hopefully by the end of the day, you'll have completed a good workout and your house will be a little cleaner! Tell us what you cleaned and how it felt in your reply below!

If you're looking for more info on this topic, here's a good article about how you can turn household chores into workout sessions.

If you missed the activity for January 14, you can find it here.

by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 10:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
adphillips06
by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 11:03 PM
I scrubbed my bath tub today and it looks great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambulancemommy
by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 11:06 PM
I have so much to do tomorrow this will be easy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kvaneyk
by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 11:08 PM
I dont clean on the weekend...i will def try this on monday. my base boards def need scrubbed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aanddplus2
by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 11:09 PM

I have to mop the floors tomorrow....Cinderella Style since my mop is broken. So this works perfectly!

i.heart.rachel
by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 11:11 PM

I don't really have anything to clean. :/ Ummm I'll find something.. maybe the floor? lol Or walls?

Desirae1394
by Member on Jan. 14, 2011 at 11:12 PM

I had some friends JUST telling me about doing this! lol Okie dokie!

sunshine86912
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2011 at 11:28 PM

I will be doing that after my daughers birthday party lol will have to clean up after 20+ kids and 12+adults! ahhhhhhh!!

so1986
by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 11:31 PM
Tackled my son's closet. 6 medium boxes full of books gone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1and2is3wonders
by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 11:50 PM
My husband likes this one he says wash the tub:) I guess ill be scrubbing the tub
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
malachaismama
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 12:01 AM

Thats very sweet of you hubby, mine does most of the cleaning too. Although I kinda feel bad for not doing most of the house work when he is the one actually going off to work. But he said that he would rather have a healthy fun happy child than have me and him both be frustrated at the end of the day because I couldn't spend very much time with him because of all the housework. So I guess I can't complain. But these next 6 months I am on my own, so we shall see how that goes.

Quoting KrazyMyra:

dh always cleans the house. its still clean now lol. maybe i will make a mess tomorrow just for the challenge lol

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)