Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New Year's Challenge Day 15: Wash It Out

You're about half-way through the New Year's Resolution Weight Loss Challenge! Congrats on making it this far!

Your activity for January 15 is perfect for the weekend, when you have more time to catch up on household tasks. Make the most of cleanup time with today's activity: Wash It Out.

Take 30 minutes today and wash something very thoroughly. Do it quickly and with as much energy as you can muster. You could vacuum all the carpeted rooms in your house, wash your windows, scrub your refrigerator, mop your floors, or all of the above. Whatever you choose to do, use as much movement and intensity as you can, so that you're getting a workout as you do it.

Hopefully by the end of the day, you'll have completed a good workout and your house will be a little cleaner! Tell us what you cleaned and how it felt in your reply below!

If you're looking for more info on this topic, here's a good article about how you can turn household chores into workout sessions.

If you missed the activity for January 14, you can find it here.

by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 10:11 PM
Replies (41-50):
dragonlady320
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 10:03 AM

cleanin out the playroom!! a task as big as everest

llpalady
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 10:18 AM

I will definitely be doing this today, only not cleaning so much.  I have a crochet store and photography business to reopen today after being on vacation for 1 month, lol.  I also have a messy kitchen from making jalapeno jelly with the hubby at 10 pm last night, lol.  It was fun, and yummy.

nicole4ray
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 10:42 AM

I did this yesterday, and don't have the time today, can I just count yesterday? lol. I moved furniture between mine and my kids rooms yesterday so that we could have more space in the kids room for them to play. I did it all by myself lifting heavy dressers. I can feel it today! But since it is todays activity maybe I'll scrub my kitchen floor down on my hands and knees! It always looks better if I clean it by hand like that.

AriesMom24
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 11:01 AM

will do :)

CPmom4
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 11:07 AM
todays supposed to be a break. and now I gotta work. its my birthday no break...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn80
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 11:32 AM

perfect. i need to clean the floors anyway!

mommaheather87
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 11:34 AM
Wellll...right up my alley for a saturday! Floors are all done, fridge has been cleaned, one load of laundry in the dryer, one in the wash, beds made, and now dishes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MattisMommy08
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 11:47 AM

woo hoo!  Kitchen done!  I even added some music and dance steps in there -)

court_1989
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 12:02 PM

floors and my sons room.

vickieileen
by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 12:11 PM

doing all of my floors today

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN