Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh Boy!....Not sure I can do this....

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:12 AM
  • 4 Replies

My husband gave me a challenge tonight. I am going to have to work my butt off ( I mean literally) to do this. He isn't doing this to be mean but to help motivate me. He will give me $1000 to spend on myself. I know to some they couldn't get a lot of clothes with that but I Love Ross and I am sure I could get my fill lol. I have to lose 52lbs by my birthday ( which is 7 months away from 2/10/2011). That is a little over 7lbs a month but what about plateaus? I am nervous about those. Any words of encouragement? Lol I keep telling myself I got this! I am going to have to work really hard. Then stay there!

How to I get around  plateaus? I want to avoid them before they hit lol.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
destineemommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:18 AM
Bump. I am worried about the same thing good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbykeep
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:10 AM

Good luck!  You can do this mama!  You should expect more loss at the beginning and for it to taper off towards the end.  So, you may not hit exactly 7 pounds per month, more at the beginning and less towards the end.  It gets harder once your body gets used to a certain weight.  

Great challenge!

romalove
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:15 AM

That's a wonderful incentive your husband gave you.  Don't worry about things you haven't crossed yet.  There are techniques people use to break plateaus (switching up foods they eat, calories, workouts, etc.) and if and when you need to cross that bridge you'll have support from people in the group who are knowledgable about those things to help you.  Good luck, you're gonna do great and have a wonderful wardrobe at the end!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:22 AM

You've got this!

Weight loss in the beginning of a journey tends to be higher in the beginning..plateaus do happen on occasion, but there is no need to fret about them yet. They are relatively easy to break through just by modifying a few things that you are doing.

Don't worry..just do what you know to do and you'll see those results!

Claire

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)