Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cherrish's Weight Loss Journey

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:31 AM
  • 3 Replies

I decided to start a new journal, since I will be doing the weight watchers program.

I have both Lupus and Fibro, along with arthritis, so its difficult for me to lose weight because of the medications I'm on. I hope to be able to overcome this hurdle and reach my weight loss goal of 160-170 pounds by June.

I am currently 217 pounds (the most I've ever weighed). I believe my BMI is 32, and I haven't taken my measurments.

I plan to do WW, along with 2-5 days a week walking for 45 minutes, and/or Zumba (for the Wii) or Just Dance 2 (for the Wii).

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
darbykeep
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:40 AM

Welcome to journaling mama!  Your goals sound more than reasonable and I've heard great things about WW!  

Good luck:)  You can do this!

.Peaches.
by on Feb. 11, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Quoting darbykeep:

Welcome to journaling mama!  Your goals sound more than reasonable and I've heard great things about WW!  

Good luck:)  You can do this!

Thank you sweetie, I've heard great things also, and so far, I'm impressed with the program.

So this is Day 3 (technically, Day 4, but only Day 3 of me actively tracking). In less than a week, I have dropped a surprsing 12 pounds! I was totally shocked...I'm not supposed to weigh-in until Sunday, but I couldn't help myself and weighed last night. So now I'm down to 206, which is over 5% of my total body weight, which was my first goal.

Sunday, can update my tracker and weight, so my next goal will be 190. I'm not sure how long it'll take me to reach that goal, but I'm hoping I'll be there by mid-March.

I'm not tracking measurements, just weight and how I feel (and look!). Next week, I'll add cardio with the Zumba and walking 3-5 times a week with my sister and her boyfriend.

darbykeep
by on Feb. 12, 2011 at 7:02 AM

That's awesome!  Congrats on the loss, and keep up the good work mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)