Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Valentine's Day :)

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:33 AM
  • 7 Replies

For those of you who do something for Vday - what are you doing and if you exchange gifts what are you getting your s/o (and the kiddos) and what do you WANT :).

We won't do much because we have to do taxes and I have to work.  But he is taking off the next day so we'll see.  I will get him something for hunting or somet tools (men!) and I found the kids a few clearance toys at walmart and I'll get them a little candy and an outfit from work.  I hinted to DH that I'd like a digital scale.  My scale is hard to read.  And I'd like flowers @work too :).

Christl - 10 lbs lost, 20 to go!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mommy2LnJ
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:37 AM
We're going to a hotel for the weekend while the kids are at their father's house. We don't have anything else planned except breakfast out on Saturday morning and possibly checking out wedding venues during the day. He works on vday so we're celebrating it over the weekend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mes_deux_amours
by *Andrea* on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Valentines day is my birthday so its hard for me to not be incredibly self centered LOL

I did get my oldest 2 candy hearts... two small heart candy boxes :) I don't need or want a million things of chocolate lying around the house. I will get my youngest something like a stuffed animal or something. DH... Hmm... I was thinking of making him something desserty... but low calorie and low fat HAHAHAHAHA so I can eat some :) bahahaha.... 

But, yeah, I expect to be catered too on my birthday damnit!

Mami2Jahzi
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:53 AM

I have no idea what to get DF this year for V-day. DS will probably get some candy and maybe some clothes.

I want a digital camera, but DF said no because we are getting iphones :(

christlmomof2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:45 PM

It is your day!  I expect to be treated special on mine too! haha

Side note - I also think on my kid's bdays I should get flowers!  After having kids it makes me appreciate my momma more!

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

Valentines day is my birthday so its hard for me to not be incredibly self centered LOL

I did get my oldest 2 candy hearts... two small heart candy boxes :) I don't need or want a million things of chocolate lying around the house. I will get my youngest something like a stuffed animal or something. DH... Hmm... I was thinking of making him something desserty... but low calorie and low fat HAHAHAHAHA so I can eat some :) bahahaha.... 

But, yeah, I expect to be catered too on my birthday damnit!

Christl - 10 lbs lost, 20 to go!

darbykeep
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:22 PM

We don't have any plans, as we usually don't.  I think I'm getting the foot pod for my Garmin fitness watch though:)

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:39 PM
Might go out for Dinner. But probably not til he has the day off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladeda32
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:07 PM

I use to get flowers at work, but I'm not working so I don't know what he will do.  I got him a card and some chocolate, which he loves.  I also got the boys little boxes of chocolate also. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)