Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

addicted

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:25 PM
  • 4 Replies

crap, i used to be addicted to mountain dew but quit because of the calories and for a while i was just drinking water or crystal light green tea. Well i went and got some diet coke cause my friend came over and she loves it and i like it but usually never buy it much.  Now im addicted to diet coke... grrr.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
darbykeep
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Well, there aren't any calories in diet coke, but it's not that great for you either.  First off, the carbonation will break down muscle fiber and will cause bloating as well.  Sometimes the taste of diet soda will cause people to crave real sweet things, so that is a potential issue too.  Just limit yourself...one per day or one every other day and you'll be fine.

ladeda32
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:42 PM

That is why I only drink water.  I know that if I drink something else, that is going to be what I want instead of water.  I have no self control!!!

dove7
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:16 PM

I only drink water.. i don't get it when i drink anything else it don't taste  good to me..

paramoreMommI
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:38 PM

I agree with you...this was subject of much debate in a Nutrition Class I took a year or so ago.  The way I understood it was that the sugar substitute makes ur body crave real sugar?  IDK...its been a while since I had that class LOL  I think this is true tho

Quoting darbykeep:

Well, there aren't any calories in diet coke, but it's not that great for you either.  First off, the carbonation will break down muscle fiber and will cause bloating as well.  Sometimes the taste of diet soda will cause people to crave real sweet things, so that is a potential issue too.  Just limit yourself...one per day or one every other day and you'll be fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)