Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SCREW IT! (in need of massive motivation ladies)

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:52 PM
  • 27 Replies

Ok so this is my pissed off fat girl post!

I'm about to just give up and say screw it all! I'm sick of busting my ass for NOTHING....literally NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong. I'm about to go to the doctor because I swear there is something wrong with me and my ability to actually loose any weight!

Here is my frustration.......

In October I really started getting into the work out spirit. I decided to finish a half marathon in a year. Well, I couldn't run worth crap (exercise induced asthma). I couldn't run a minute straigt without feeling like I was about to die. So, here's the deal.....November I had a major lazyyyyy spell and didn't work out all month and started again the middle of December and have been working out since.

I started taking 5mi brisk walks a day to take my DS to school....then I decided to hit he gym again. Well I started off at 163.

I weigh in every 2 weeks. I'M NOT LOOSING WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M GAINING FUCKING WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is complete and utter BULLSHIT.

I've been really committed to this since the beginning of January. I mean continously working out, eatting correctly. I don't go over 1200 calories a day.

What am I doing wrong? I've made an exercise schedule here it is:

Monday: 2 work outs (1.5 hr cardio)/ arms&abs strength training

Tuesday: 1 work out (1hr cardio)/ abs&chest/back

Wednesday: 2 work outs (1.5hr cardio)/ abs&shoulders and back

Thursday: 1 work out (1 hr cardio)/ abs& legs

Friday: Rest cardio/ abs and arms

Saturday: 2 work outs (2hr cardio)/ abs&chest/back

Sunday: Rest fully

I weighed in on Monday and gained 3 fucking pounds!

I do NOT eat veggies but I drink V8 with all of my meals. I graze and eat between 6 meals a day or 3 meals with 2 snacks. I drink plenty of water, I burn off between 350-500 calories per work out (depending on the day), I only eat lean meat, I do not eat red meat. I portion control.

I RARELY put any empty calories in my body.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG????????????????????????

I get so discouraged when I see people loosing 5lbs in a week when I still (now with my new weight) haven't even broke 5 freaking pounds in 2 months. I'm feeling really discouraged and feel like saying screw it, I'm done, I'm not busting my ass for nothing; I'm just destined to be fat all of my life.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemyguys
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:56 PM

are you measuring??? it sounds like youre on a great plan and you are probably gaining muscle like crazy. Thats a good thing! but muscle weighs more than fat so as you gain muscle and lose weight your actual scale number is not going down. the weight will take a while to catch up to the shift from fat to muscle mass. Have you lost any inches? are your clothes fitting better?

romalove
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:57 PM

How terrible to feel so frustrated!  You don't say how tall you are or how much weight you want to lose.  You say you aren't eating veggies but are drinking V8.  If you are getting in most of your calories from non-veggie food, you may be too high in fat or refined carbs, but I can't tell because you aren't posting typical food menu.  If you are doing too much workout and not enough eating, your body can be in starvation mode and holding on to everything you give it.  You could be retaining water from too much sodium.  You likely would be better off to go to a site like myfitnesspal.com or sparkpeople.com and get on a free eating plan there that will help guide you to the best choices you can make for your body.  Good luck!

Mommy2LnJ
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:57 PM
Just from reading the beginning of your post, it sounds like you aren't eating enough. Have you found your BMR? I'm 24 and 5 foot 3, I weigh 177 so I consume, at the very least, 1500 calories a day.

I know it is frustrating but don't give up. You can do this, we all hit plateaus from time to time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grantsmommy23
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:58 PM

1200 calories is very low.  You may not be eating enough.  Try bumping up your calories and see if that makes a difference.  Do you log everything you eat?  Sometimes people think they are eating the right food, but until they actually write it down, they may not.  Try using myfitnesspal or sparkpeople.  Try not to get discouraged.  Losing weight takes time, but you can do it!  

Mommy2LnJ
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:00 PM
I'm sorry but muscle does not weigh more than fat it just takes up less space. I would definitely recommend taking your measurements though because you may be losing inches.

Quoting lovemyguys:

are you measuring??? it sounds like youre on a great plan and you are probably gaining muscle like crazy. Thats a good thing! but muscle weighs more than fat so as you gain muscle and lose weight your actual scale number is not going down. the weight will take a while to catch up to the shift from fat to muscle mass. Have you lost any inches? are your clothes fitting better?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetie246
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:04 PM

Are you tracking every bite you put in your mouth?  Seriously you'd be surprised at how much we eat when we are just "tasting" things all day long.

Besides that...double check that you are drinking enough water...

http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm?nl=1

You are also building muscle by working out and although a pound is a pound you could be replacing fat weight with muscle weight.  There are so many things that could be playing a part in what's going on. 

I completely cut out sweets, bread, pasta, potatoes and soft drinks months ago.  I lost 10 lbs.  But then I stuck there until I joined Weight Watchers.  Until I was paying attention to every little thing I do (even licking the spaghetti sauce off your finger as you are making dinner) I did not realize that I was still eating so much food. 

I can see that you are working out quite a bit and the cardio is great for burning the fat but the weight training is gaining muscle.  You need the muscle to burn more calories but you may be building muscle as fast or faster than you are losing fat.  Have you taken measurements?  You might see a difference there.

JBDslittlemam08
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Quoting romalove:

How terrible to feel so frustrated!  You don't say how tall you are or how much weight you want to lose.  You say you aren't eating veggies but are drinking V8.  If you are getting in most of your calories from non-veggie food, you may be too high in fat or refined carbs, but I can't tell because you aren't posting typical food menu.  If you are doing too much workout and not enough eating, your body can be in starvation mode and holding on to everything you give it.  You could be retaining water from too much sodium.  You likely would be better off to go to a site like myfitnesspal.com or sparkpeople.com and get on a free eating plan there that will help guide you to the best choices you can make for your body.  Good luck!

I'm 4'11. I started at 163. I went to 157 and back up to 160.

I don't eat veggies and I won't. (It's a life long thing so I sub it w/ V8).

I'm very picky on my fatty foods and keep my fat intake to less than 30g a day (which I NEVER even get to that) and I keep my carbs to less than 50 per day.

I eat chicken breast like it's going out of style and talapia. All baked or grilled. If I eat rice with it, I have half of a serving with it.

With the calories thing.........1200 it's a super low number and by the time I work out my net calories are less than a thousand. I thought it was ok since I'm actually eatting them.

I have a REAL hard time eatting all the time and forget to eat. My parents (whom I live with until July) don't do the healthy thing so I often have to cook 2 different meals, one for me and one for them.

I'm afraid to eat too many calories a day because I'm afraid of gaining even more weight.

dove7
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:10 PM

feel bettergood luck

romalove
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:14 PM

Quoting JBDslittlemam08:

Quoting romalove:

I'm 4'11. I started at 163. I went to 157 and back up to 160.

I don't eat veggies and I won't. (It's a life long thing so I sub it w/ V8).

I'm very picky on my fatty foods and keep my fat intake to less than 30g a day (which I NEVER even get to that) and I keep my carbs to less than 50 per day.

I eat chicken breast like it's going out of style and talapia. All baked or grilled. If I eat rice with it, I have half of a serving with it.

With the calories thing.........1200 it's a super low number and by the time I work out my net calories are less than a thousand. I thought it was ok since I'm actually eatting them.

I have a REAL hard time eatting all the time and forget to eat. My parents (whom I live with until July) don't do the healthy thing so I often have to cook 2 different meals, one for me and one for them.

I'm afraid to eat too many calories a day because I'm afraid of gaining even more weight.

What you are saying is precisely why I am advising you to try one of the free websites that can help you plan a weight loss regime.  It can be hard and complicated and frustrating to try and do things on your own.  Yes, the "calories in, calories out" thing is supposed to work but as you can see it can be hard to know if you're doing it right.  There are likely things you can do that you don't know about to help you lose weight if you want to.  I'm in your boat (the short boat lol) but I have more weight to lose than you do.  I'm doing WW and losing consistently every week.  It will take me time to get where I want to be, but I have to spend that time living anyway.  I urge you to find a plan, and not go this alone.

JBDslittlemam08
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Oh yes indeed. Everyone around me is highly annoyed about my calorie log!! I have an app on my itouch "Lose It" app and I put down every single bit of food I put in my big ugly mouth. I don't eat anything that I cannot count the calorie content either. I am definately drinking enough water, that is for certain!!

I've cut everything out other than an occasional 90 calorie snack pack or one mini candy bar but that is super super rare for me to even want chocolate or junk food because I know it counts as an empty calorie and wastes my calories for the day. I do have a PB&J sometimes after my work outs to make up my calories differential and to get protein and good omega's in my body after the work out.

I haven't measured. I only measure once a month; at the beginning of each month, so I have some time to go. If I don't see a difference I swear I'm going to just cut this fat off of my body and be done.

Quoting sweetie246:

Are you tracking every bite you put in your mouth?  Seriously you'd be surprised at how much we eat when we are just "tasting" things all day long.

Besides that...double check that you are drinking enough water...

http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm?nl=1

You are also building muscle by working out and although a pound is a pound you could be replacing fat weight with muscle weight.  There are so many things that could be playing a part in what's going on. 

I completely cut out sweets, bread, pasta, potatoes and soft drinks months ago.  I lost 10 lbs.  But then I stuck there until I joined Weight Watchers.  Until I was paying attention to every little thing I do (even licking the spaghetti sauce off your finger as you are making dinner) I did not realize that I was still eating so much food. 

I can see that you are working out quite a bit and the cardio is great for burning the fat but the weight training is gaining muscle.  You need the muscle to burn more calories but you may be building muscle as fast or faster than you are losing fat.  Have you taken measurements?  You might see a difference there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)