Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unrealistic?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:44 PM
  • 12 Replies

I want to lose 19 pounds by the middle of April/first of May. It's my last 19 pounds. Except I am stuck at 130 and have been for 2 weeks(thank you PMS!).  I work out everyday. I have completely overhauled my eating. I control my portions and I only snack on carrots and celery and sometimes special K fruit crisps. I do not drink soda. I just drink water, coffee, tea and the occasional gatorade.

So, I want to know, do you ladies think my goal is unrealistic or too ambitious?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
veganmommy04
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:46 PM
Probably. Only bc u are(I assume anyway) in a healthy weight range Nd the last 10-20 are always the hardest!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChaoticAtBest
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:54 PM

i am not sure if they are realistic or not, but you need to take at least one day off a week to let your body rest. good luck and make sure you are eating enough each day.

MOM2SWEETNESSx3
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:19 PM

What's your height? I've been battling with the last 10lbs for what seems like FOREVER! It doesn't hurt to give it your all and see where you end up in the next 6 weeks. 

I'll tell you what I've done to keep me working at it. I put together a 6 week challenge with my friends on facebook. I made a group and all who wanted joined and we weigh in weekly. We're seeing who can lose the highest percentage in the 6 weeks. And support eachother to keep going. 

Shelly13579
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:22 PM

I think you will need a bit more time.  Those last 10-15 pounds are hard.  Our bodies want to keep that fat!  Sounds like you hit a plateau.  Try changing up your exercise routine.  Our muscles learn to perform more efficiently the more you do the same thing.  So switch it up and that might kick start your weight loss.  If you are only do cardio try adding 20-30 minutes of strength training. 

stefvan
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:29 PM

It's very realistic.  I've lost 12 pounds since January 2.  That was through last Saturday - trying to just weigh once a week.  Anyway, I use all natural nutrition products - not diet pills.  If you want more info on it, pm me.  There are actually 2 information calls on it tonight - one at 8:30 and on at 9:30 est.

calebsmommy05
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Quoting veganmommy04:

Probably. Only bc u are(I assume anyway) in a healthy weight range Nd the last 10-20 are always the hardest!

The healthy weight range for me is 99-124 pounds. I am 4'11".

calebsmommy05
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Sundays are usually my rest days, but I do try to fit in a 30 minute walk. Is that okay or should I cut out the walk?

Quoting ChaoticAtBest:

i am not sure if they are realistic or not, but you need to take at least one day off a week to let your body rest. good luck and make sure you are eating enough each day.

kaytikat
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:01 PM

That depends entirely on what your bodfat is at right now.  If you've been working out every day, TAKE A WEEK OFF.  No seriously.  The reasons that programs like P90x or the Insanity workout work is because it involves a deload week, a week of full rest to allow your body to recover.  The first two days you work out again, lift light and then jump right back in.  Your body will have time to rest and recover and then will jumpstart your loss back up again. 

ChaoticAtBest
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:20 PM

check out the reply above this, but I would think a walk would be ok. Just no out and out exercising =)

Quoting calebsmommy05:

Sundays are usually my rest days, but I do try to fit in a 30 minute walk. Is that okay or should I cut out the walk?

Quoting ChaoticAtBest:

calebsmommy05
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Thank you ladies! I knew you could help me. I have always been small, so weight loss is a totally new battle for me. I was doing modified p90x (because of (unrelated) injury)and I am ashamed to say that I fell off that routine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)