Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's over!!! I am done!!!! pissed and cursing sorry!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:23 PM
  • 14 Replies

I am no longer buying junk food, I am no longer going out to eat just to be fucking shit on by my kids!! Whenever I make a healthy meal they won't eat it because "they don't like it"! Bull shit, they would rather have fucking junk food, fatning food whatever the fuck you want to call it!! I am done! I am just trying to get my family as healthy as possible and they are making it very fucking difficult! I am so tired of this, but you know what?? I will win this game! I am done missing around, no more!!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Not.So.Virginal
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:24 PM

In defense of the kids.... if I was raised on one diet and my parents switched it, I would probably be upset too... BUT, you're doing it to help them, and they'll appreciate it someday, I promise

sweetie246
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:48 PM

With our foster daughter we had the same issues.  She came to us eating very little and would flat out refuse to eat anything homemade and healthy.  We had to slowly change her diet so that she didn't really notice it. Kids love speghetti so I started adding veggies to the sauce (run through the food processor) then later when I would put them on her plate if she said she didn't like them I would just say "sure you do, you eat it all the time in speghetti sauce"  She then tried the veggie and like it.  We also had to slowly get her to try meats the same way. Plain dry chicken breast was first (she hated seasonings) and then we evolved to meat in the speghetti sauce and then she tried an actual hamburger and loved it.  It's a process to get kids to change their habits for sure. She even used to say she didn't like cheese and then I reminded her that she likes it on pizza and she eats it now.  It's all about telling them that they've had that food before in something else and they liked it then.  If they will eat hamburgers...make them homemade and add egg and veggies (more like meatloaf) to get the veggies in.  If they like mashed potatoes, try 1/2 mashed potatoes and 1/2 mashed cauliflower.   Also any veggie in cheese sauce is a winner with kids.  For our girl we put parmesan cheese on her broccoli and now she eats it plain.

http://healthrecipes.com/nutrition_in_foods.htm

http://www.ehow.com/how_5092043_hide-vegetables-foods-kids-love.html

http://www.ehow.com/how_4703979_hide-cauliflower-kid_s-food.html

http://childparenting.about.com/od/recipestips/a/kidsveggies.htm

Just some ideas...hope this helps.

ChaoticAtBest
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:49 PM

you go momma! In my house you eat what i fix or what I buy :) I don't buy the junk very often so they have had to modify what they eat. They do it usually without any complaints at all. Good luck!

Nykkii
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:57 PM

I was actually thinking exactly what Not.So.Virginal said. 

And I like sweetie's idea to tell them "You've had this before in...". 

How old are your kids? 

toffypie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Ah, I remember my mom changing up everything on us when my brother and I were younger.  I gave her such crap.  I don't even remember what she did that got me eating it.  I think it was making a 90% healthy meal, and one side would be something I'd usually eat.  I can't quite remember.  Now I wish I could live at my mom's and she could be my meal planner!! Haha  Just be patient!  My stepmom is dealing with the same thing with my sisters.  One of them has decided all she likes is anything with sugar, steak, and plain pasta...everything else is disgusting apparently.  :-/

kaytikat
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Just keep eating healthy and serving healthy momma.  When they get hungry, they'll eat. 

Nimue930
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:16 PM

When my boys were younger, they could eat what I fixed or they could fix a peanut butter sandwich for themselves, with a banana and a glass of milk.  Those were the only options. That way they'd get something decent at least and wouldn't make a mess fixing it.  If they truly hated what I fixed, they would go to the kitchen and fix that, come to the table and eat with the family, otherwise they'd eat what I fixed cuz it just wasnt worth the hassle...

mamaoftwins9197
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:33 PM

I agree.  That's part of what makes dieting so hard on us as adults.  We are raised to eat a certain way and that continues into adulthood (most of the time).  Then we realize or are taught that we need to do better and we conciously make a decision to change that, but it can be harder for the kids.  They don't know the difference, they like the crap, they don't understand what's going on.  Just keep up with it, explain what you are doing, and try to make the "diet" food interesting.  Let them help pick things out and make them (depending on their ages, obviously).  Good luck!!!

Quoting Not.So.Virginal:

In defense of the kids.... if I was raised on one diet and my parents switched it, I would probably be upset too... BUT, you're doing it to help them, and they'll appreciate it someday, I promise

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

HauntedStarr
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:35 PM

I know the feeling here too..I have to nearly beg them all to eat veggies..

I sneak it in their foods now...and only buy select junk...

darbykeep
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 6:24 AM

Stick with it mama, and they'll eventually get it!  Don't cave as you want nothing but the best for your children...you're doing great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)