Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MTVs I Used to be fat

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:13 PM
  • 9 Replies

Does anyone watch this?  I really like it.  They have the people get rid of fattening foods, buy healthy foods and excercise daily.  I think it really teaches them the right way.

Thoughts? Opinions on the show?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
reese1206
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:14 PM
I agree
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Not.So.Virginal
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:17 PM

I like the show, sucks that some of the parents (especially Dariah's mom) aren't supportive of them getting a new lease on life. Her mom was more concerned about everything her daughter does for her and didn't want to give that up.

mkmb129
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:27 PM

So far I think it's great.  I like how they put a big focus on working out and eating healthy, fresh foods for life rather than a temporary thing to get thin.  I don't like how much they workout or how quickly they're losing it; it's not realistic.  Who has time to work out 5-6hrs a day (whatever it is, it's a lot) 7 days a week?!

SarahLuvs
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Yea I agree, that one was hard to watch.  I liked last week, I can't think of the kids name, but he lived with his Aunt and had the cute trainer that did the BOOM LOL, I think that guy did awesome, and looked really good, I cried on his episode!

Quoting Not.So.Virginal:

I like the show, sucks that some of the parents (especially Dariah's mom) aren't supportive of them getting a new lease on life. Her mom was more concerned about everything her daughter does for her and didn't want to give that up.

Not.So.Virginal
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:31 PM

oh, the boom. Do girls actually respond to that... I mean, with something other than laughter. I would laugh if a guy came over and got in the power stance to talk to me

ChaoticAtBest
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Quoting Not.So.Virginal:

I saw one with her mom and I couldn't believe the attitude! I would do what I had to support my daughter yet there was no pacifying that woman.

PeytonHailey
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:41 PM
Love that show! Wish I was on it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLuvs
by on Feb. 12, 2011 at 10:44 AM

I know right!!  I thought it was totally lame, and would laugh if a guy did that to me, but I think it's just what that kid needed.  I mean, he was soo happy when he did that and had a tri muscle!!  The power stance isn't as bad, you could work that into a joke if you're a goofy guy LOL

Quoting Not.So.Virginal:

oh, the boom. Do girls actually respond to that... I mean, with something other than laughter. I would laugh if a guy came over and got in the power stance to talk to me

PinkDiamond717
by on Feb. 12, 2011 at 3:22 PM
I love that show. I watch it for inspiration. My favorite was Kirsten and her family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)