Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Highly motivated or losing my mind.

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:23 PM
  • 9 Replies

So Monday I did a Turbo Kick class at the new gym and it kicked my butt, but I figured out on Sparkpeople that I burned off 767 calories in that hour. I didn't do anythin yesterday, but this morning I did a machine thats like a cross between an elliptical and a stair machine and burned 305 calories in an hour (I will post a pic at the bottom of this). Tomorrow morning I am doing a class called C.S.I (I will post the description on that too) and then Friday will do this new machine again.

I planned on doing the Boot Camp type class yesterday morning, but changed my mind when he alarm went off. I am SOOOOO aware of my butt today. Lol. The muscles are killing me.

C.S.I.: 4 minutes of cardio  followed by 3 minutes of strength, this non-stop class will challenge any fitness level to keep on moving.  Cardio consists of hi/lo, kickboxing, step, or sports inspired movements.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Nykkii
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Lol!  Keep it up!  You're working hard mama!

mkmb129
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Keep up the good work!  I either am super motivated or dragging.  I'm trying to find a happy medium.  Just don't get burned out!

MOM2SWEETNESSx3
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Sounds fun! Because of a chance of snow we're on a 2hr delay tomorrow so not sure how that's going to effect my gym schedule. I wish I could go to more classes. It's so much more fun than the machines. 

Have fun and keep it up; you're doing great! 

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:50 PM
Good for you! Keep it up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbykeep
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 6:38 AM

Awesome job!  Love those hardcore workouts!

Tigger0281
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:47 PM

I didn't make it to CSI this morning cause I was still feeling EVERYTHING from previous workouts and wanted to sleep. Also it has proved a point that Tuesday/Thursday morning workout classes aren't going to be an option cause then the kids won't get going and we need to leave the house at a certain time. I am going to continue the kickboxing class on Mondays until I can't anymor (skipping this coming one) and then do that crazy machine for the other days. I think that 3 days this week is still better than the 0 I had been doing. Lol

NewMommyB
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 8:28 PM
Turbo kick was just rated the number 1 calorie burner!!! (along with other forms of kickboxing but they called out TK specifically). I love wearing my bodybugg to class and see if I can burn 10 more each time!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmydaughter03
by Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 9:41 PM

We have a machine like that in the gym at work.  I have worked out every weekday since Jan. 4th.  I get on that thing a lot.  I lost 10 pounds in Jan.  If I could find my motivation to eat better I would still be losing.  I haven't gained anything though and I have lost inches.

christlmomof2
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 11:12 PM

That's awesome you get to so much variety!  Keep it up (but don't get burnt out!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)