Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wii fit

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:19 PM
  • 11 Replies
I used to use my wii fit, but have been using primarily my elliptical, treadmill, and weight machine for the past 6 months. I brought out the wii fit today, and after listening to it tell me I'm fat- Ty wii machine- I did various exercises siluch as the hula hoops, step, running- and didn't break a sweat. I can't believe I actually burned any calories, so I jumped on my elliptical to get a sweat on- does anyone else feel the wii fit isn't really helping?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twnkedee
by Tia on Feb. 21, 2011 at 6:01 AM

I think it only helped in the beginning, when we weren't as active. I think once we start working out and getting active it does a lot less.

MrsNewman
by Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 6:02 AM

I lost 15 pounds with just the wii fit alone. 

CuriousLilMama
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 6:17 AM

i just started the wii fit plus and i broke a sweat yesterday, it had me running in place boxing and doing some lunges. my legs are sore today.

so we will see how long i feel like its working.

but i do love the yoga stuff on there.

i.heart.rachel
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 9:29 AM

The wii helps me. :)

Natalie5
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 10:11 AM
Ok, so I didn't feel sweaty when doing the wii yesterday, but I am so sore today! Must have done something right- according to my aching rear end!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephv53
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 5:55 PM
I bought the wii fit plus a few wks ago and used it 3x and decided I don't really like it as a wieght loss tool. Now I'm mad I spent what I did and now am trying to sell it. Just got a lecture frm my hubby (cuz I wanna buy zumba dvds) about how I get things and they never wrk and just bought the fit and its the same etc etc. I guess ill give it another shot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MelisaAnderson
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 5:57 PM
They have zumba for the wii.. I just bought it... I hope I get to try it tonight

Quoting stephv53:

I bought the wii fit plus a few wks ago and used it 3x and decided I don't really like it as a wieght loss tool. Now I'm mad I spent what I did and now am trying to sell it. Just got a lecture frm my hubby (cuz I wanna buy zumba dvds) about how I get things and they never wrk and just bought the fit and its the same etc etc. I guess ill give it another shot.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephv53
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 6:07 PM
Oooh let me know how it is!! Please! I hope its as good as the class....well maybe not as good but close enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 6:12 PM
I break a sweat on the wii but love the Just dance too its fun and breaks a serious sweat!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RazmatazzBt
by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 5:47 AM
I use xbox 360 kinect! I play dance central for physical activity now, but I'm buying the biggest loser game this weekend. I'm pretty excited!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)