Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

How do you get a good work out when dealing with the kids?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2011 at 7:59 PM
  • 10 Replies
I am having such a difficult time trying to get in good workouts without stopping several times to deal with the kids fighting. I am a SAHM with a 2 and 3 year old and there is always one kid awake all day long when I am. I will start working out when they are playing and occupied but a few minutes later it is like they know and will start hitting, pushing, and doing whatever they can to hurt each other and screaming at the tops of there lungs. For those that always have their kids how and when do you work out with the kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2011 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rockinmomto2
by on Mar. 1, 2011 at 8:02 PM

When I work out, I either go to the gym, or wake up a few hours before they do and work out then. It's tough though.

KMO777
by on Mar. 1, 2011 at 8:07 PM

My kids are old enought (13,10 and 7) that they can occupy themselves IF I workout at home.  With gas prices they way they are, that will start to happen more often than not.  I get off work a good hour before they get home for school, so I'll be able to pop in a dvd and get it done before they get home so there's no arguing over the tv.  Plus, with warmer weather (I hope) coming, I can go outside.....or they can for that matter.

Do you have an extra tv with dvd player or a laptop?  Pop a dvd in the player/computer and hopefully that will keep them occupied for a bit.  Or...........pop them in a stroller and go for a walk.  If it's cold or raining, take them to the mall and mall walk.

~Kelly

jhelmke
by Member on Mar. 1, 2011 at 8:09 PM

Years ago when my son was that young I got up before he did and workout.  He 11 years old now and runs while I walk.

Samsmom273
by on Mar. 1, 2011 at 8:12 PM

I workout when she goes to bed at night around 8pm

mkmb129
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2011 at 8:17 PM
I just started and kept reminding them that I have to workout and to go play. Mine are 2 & 4. I have yelled... They're getting better about giving me my hour. It's tough some days but you gotta do! They will get used to it soon enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bihter
by on Mar. 1, 2011 at 8:57 PM

I workout after I put my little girll to sleep.and thats what am doing right now lol as soon as she falsasleep am going downstairs and start working out.thats the only time I can do it.good luck

good luck

luvhubandbabys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2011 at 9:49 PM
Get up before they wake up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RazmatazzBt
by on Mar. 1, 2011 at 9:59 PM
I have a four month old. We co sleep. Guess who wakes up if he doesn't feel mommy next to him? lol so I can't work out while he's asleep. My only hope is SO to watch him, but I still get cut short if Oli starts freaking out. Lol. So I know how you feel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaytikat
by on Mar. 1, 2011 at 10:12 PM
This. Up before them for am cardio and strength training after they go to bef

Quoting rockinmomto2:

When I work out, I either go to the gym, or wake up a few hours before they do and work out then. It's tough though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChaoticAtBest
by on Mar. 1, 2011 at 10:29 PM

I would separate them or have them workout with me on each side of me. Give them a separate chore/task to work on even.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN