Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Granola?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:08 AM
  • 10 Replies

What are some yummy things I can do with granola?  I had my hubby get some at the store the other day because I like it in yogurt and he brought home this big bag and was like "That s**t is expensive so you better actually eat it" (I have been known to request expensive healthy food and let it sit there forever).  So what are some other things I can do with granola?  Thanks!!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
romalove
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:12 AM

Mix it with mini-pretzels, mini-M&M's, whatever nuts you like and make a trail mix, but eat in SMALL quantities (I would package it in single serving sized bags).  Make a dessert using fruit (plums, cherries, peaches, berries) in a ceramic baking dish or ramekin, sprinkled with the granola and baked until bubbling.  Add it to plain oatmeal to give it some crunch and flavor.  Stir some into unsweetened applesauce to get some texture to the fruit without adding extra sugar. 

Mommy2LnJ
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:52 AM
I like to add dried cranberries or fresh strawberries to it. I have a habit of letting mine sit only because I bought it without realizing the calories lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ValerieRNmom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:58 AM

I usually only use 2tbsp in yogurt b/c there are a lot of calories in it. I have recently switched to Kashi Go Lean Crunch. It's yummy and less calories! Sorry I'm not more help!

AmyB118
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Make cookies - Quaker used to have a cookie recipe that was great - and low fat :)

sjump25
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:29 AM

I don't even use that much.  I eat Yoplait yogurt and just sprinkle the top with it. 

Quoting ValerieRNmom:

I usually only use 2tbsp in yogurt b/c there are a lot of calories in it. I have recently switched to Kashi Go Lean Crunch. It's yummy and less calories! Sorry I'm not more help!

suziq1982
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:32 AM

I like the Kashi go lean crunch my yogurt as well. I only use it for yogurt so I'm sorry I don't have more ideas for you but the dessert at top sounds yummy.

Mami2Jahzi
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Mix it with almonds and raisins? I'm at work all day so I used to love having a little bag to snack on thru out the day. My mom uses it as cereal and just pours milk over it. I don't like it that way, but some people do.

Nykkii
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Yeah I would probably make some type of cookies with some of it.  Put those in a plastic bag and they'll stay good. 

Or move your granola to a tupperware container.. something sealed really well.. and it will last a really long time.  Even if you only use it for yogurt, it shouldn't be a big deal if you only need one $5 box every 2 months.  Lol. 

LeeLeeCandleGrl
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Put in cooked oatmeal. If you like a little crunch this is good for that.

sjump25
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Thanks for the ideas!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)