Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

The good, the bad, and the ugly.... :)

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2011 at 2:38 PM
  • 162 Replies

This is the official "beginning".

I got really freaked out when I tipped the scale at like 196 a month ago at my doctors.  At 5'4", that's hardly ideal. It was also the heaviest I've ever been, with the exception of the 9th month of my last pregnancy. Now, without trying, I'm sitting at 186.6. So I'm not positive her scale was right. It doesn't matter. I'm fat, and it's gotta change :)

186.6 I have done before. I've been hovering between 170-185 for years. Over the last 2 yrs, I went through a wonderful change in life (ditched an abusive relationship, and began finding me again). I also stopped the Depo injections I had been on for many years. I lost weight, and felt great at about 155lbs. I wasn't really trying, so it wasn't like an achievement..it just happened.

9 months ago, I began the Depo again. Here I sit, 30 lbs heavier. Not going to totally blame that, but I do think it is a huge factor. I'm going this week to talk to the doctor about a tubal, and will not be getting my next injection. But, I'm also taking charge of my life, and not going to be fat, even if meds are to blame.

I just quit smoking (3 weeks ago, with only a few slips 2 weeks ago, and not a puff in over a week). I get short winded very fast, so part of my "beginning" will be building up my cardio endurance. 

I wear a 14-16 pants. 

I measure 47" at the hips, 41 at the waist, 26 in the thighs, ad 14 in the arms.

I want to be healthy, toned, breath easy and weigh 140 lbs or less. :)

Jenn

by on Mar. 14, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joeykttn
by on Mar. 15, 2011 at 11:17 AM

I wanna whine today. :)

I mentioned i quit smoking. YAY! And really, yay. But, it's changed how I taste, and my beloved coffee no longer tastes as good. Boo. And, my new must-stay-under-1400-calories thingie says I really shouldn't have all that vanilla creamer in my coffee...so now it tastes even better, not. So now, instead of the pot-before-noon routine, I'm at 2 cups in the morning....and I think I might even be able to deal with one :/ Why am I sad over loosing my Best Friend Coffee?

I think I need to focus on positive, so here it is..

-The fact that coffee tastes like doo-doo is a trade off for the fact that I don't SMELL like doo-doo.

-When I lose all this weight, I'll be thankful I didn't have 6 cups of coffee every day.

-When I don't get winded going up stairs anymore, I'll be thankful I didn't give in to the urge to grab a smoke, plop on the couch and sip my yummy fattening coffee.

-Healthy and thin is a AWESOME tradeoff for all the things I feel "deprived" of right now.

Jenn

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2011 at 11:58 AM
Welcome to journalism.
You have a great attitude! You can do this. Just quiting smoking in a month you'll start feeling a lot better! :)
¤ jen
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joeykttn
by on Mar. 16, 2011 at 9:11 AM

Yesterday, I weighed in at 187.8.....ummm, kinda back-a$$wards. But today, I came in at 185.5, so yay :)

I took a picture for the 25lb challenge. I almost puked. I look pregnant. I'm so disgusted with myself. I don't know if I'm gonna be able to post it.

Went "running" last night. Which really means I walked fast, ran for maybe a minute, then walked till i could breathe again, rinse repeat. Took me 20 min 38 sec to go .9 miles :/ (edited: sparkpeople.com says it was 1.27 miles)

I also did 3 sets of 20 crunches. I guess it wasn't enough because while it KILLED at the time, the midsection isn't the least bit sore today. I also tried this thing called a Plank. O.m.g. that was tough to hold more then 30 sec:/ And I jumproped...20 jumps, and I'm winded.

I guess I'm in denial about how horribley out of shape I am. I guess I've done way more damage to my body then I thought. I'm a lil down about it. I know it's not going to be easy...but it feels almost impossible at this point.

The good news, you ask? Ok, Ok, I'll get positive...

I actually did walk/run almost over a mile.

I lost 2 lbs

I didn't buy smokes, no matter how bad I wanted to.

I didn't cheat on my diet (unless you count one teeny bite of cheesy scalloped taters...ok, ok, two teeny bites...)

I drank all my water for the day.

I bought an elliptical, but have to wait for it to get brought to my house (haha....I couldn't get it in the van :/ )

ETA: Pics :(

Only reason I"m torturing myself by posting these is because if I don't, I won't be able to see a difference when I am thinner...

Jenn

joeykttn
by on Mar. 16, 2011 at 9:12 AM

Quoting jendawn1:

Welcome to journalism.
You have a great attitude! You can do this. Just quiting smoking in a month you'll start feeling a lot better! :)
¤ jen

Jenn

Rushn311
by on Mar. 16, 2011 at 9:23 AM

I think you have a wonderful attitude as well. This is all a learning process for us. It takes hard work and dedication. You might not achieve it all right away, but don't get down on yourself. Just start your next day fresh!

joeykttn
by on Mar. 18, 2011 at 9:12 AM

184.00 even yesterday morning. Back to 185.5 this morning. Not suprised. I completely blew my diet yesterday.

I did 20 minutes (hard as hell, don't mind sayin') on the elliptical in the morning, did some ab's work, and ate well. Stressful crap going on in my life took it's toll, and by evening, I chose...smoke or eat. I ate.

Whatever.

Nykkii
by on Mar. 18, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Your attitude is awesome.  This is fun to read. 

You're doing great!  Keep it up!  We all have a bad day here and there.  Just start again the next day :)

joeykttn
by on Mar. 18, 2011 at 11:38 AM

TGIF! What will you do this weekend to stay on track?

oh, lordy ain't that the truth. This weekend, I will hogtie my SO and force feed him veggies and health food.

SierraLynn
by on Mar. 18, 2011 at 12:05 PM

On the weekends to help keep myself going DH and I take our 19 month old fishing and hiking. We have a "baby rucksack" that we carry on our backs and trade off who carrys her and such. We walk as long as she is happy, and even when she isnt. Especially now the weather is getting nice, the fishing will be getting better. Getting out like that helps me motivated, and not to just sit on the couch and veg out n front of the tv. Im having quite a hard time losing weight myself, but what I am noticing as of now is my stamina has changed and evolved, as well as my taste for healthful food nd crave water instead of soda.

I have Hypothyroidism, and its proving difficult to lose this ugly weight, but like I said above, just from me doing these changes and sticking with them no matter what I see (or dont see) on the scale, I feel better. I dont have as many headaches, I have more energy and confidence that I CAN do this.

Dont forget to that your quitting smoking and trying to lose weight together. Thats a toughie. Take it slow and build yourself up, doing both may overwhelm you and set you back. No worries, one day at a time. Also no need to beat yourself up over a slip up or whatever, your human.

Keep positive and dont give up!

joeykttn
by on Mar. 18, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Quoting SierraLynn:
 Take it slow and build yourself up, doing both may overwhelm you and set you back. No worries, one day at a time. 

I think this is my biggest issue right now. I'm saying "no, no, no" to everything I want...even though I know what I "want", and what i *want* are counter-productive.... I'm in serious "poor me, I can't have anything" mode. I'm trying to make jokes, laugh it off, call myself a big fat whiny baby....because that's what i am. haha

I'm sorry I made it seem we're loosing weight together, we're not. He quit smoking months upon eons ago, and I'm just now quitting. He isn't loosing weight, and I think eating healthy will kill him...lmao I just think that to keep ME on track for the weekend, I'm gonna have to limit his influence..lol

_____

Yesterday, I went back to the offending doctor's office. I say offending, because they offended me by weighing me, and making me see the 190's on the scale. I was pretty convinced thier scale must be wrong, when less then a month later with no dieting or torture/exersize, I was at 187. Well, yesterday I confirmed that no, thier scale isn't wrong. I really *was* 10lbs heavier a month ago. Man, oh man, I was sooo looking forward to telling them to fix thier stupid lying scale. :/

Off to go try to find a healthy lunch. I'm not having issues with calorie counts, carbs counts, etc...uit's the freaking FAT grams that i can't keep under control....which is kinda like a big DUH, that's pretty obvious, genious... You didn't get to almost 200 lbs by not counting grams of skinny did ya?

Yeah, I'm trying.

Positives for today...

-it's been 2 weeks since I had a smoke. 

-I took an awesome pic of my cat yawning yesterday, instead of snacking...(sounds so funny when I read that back, but it was a totally schweeeeet moment)

-Even though I totally blew it last night, I didn't gain back more then I had lost in the last 48 hrs, so I'm not really that far behind.

-It could be worse....I could be a gourmet chef cooking up meals worth 3 days of calories in a bowl, serving them to skinny people who don't know fat genes exist..

Jenn

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN