Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

go away belly!!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:44 AM
  • 4 Replies

My belly will NOT go away!  I cut out chocolate 2 months ago which I used to eat 3 times a day.  I've been doing zumba and sit-ups daily.  But nope, it is actually getting bigger!  Seriously, I haven't lost, haven't gained weight.  My shoulders, face, butt, and legs are thinning but I've grown 2 inches in the belly! 

For the first time in my life people are asking me when I'm due because my belly is big and the rest of me isn't anymore.  I'm a naturally healthy eater besides the chocolate!

It's really hard to count calories when you make everything homemade.  It's not like I can just look on a wrapper.

I'm getting so frustrated :(

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
NewMommyB
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:48 AM

What sort of things are you eating in general?  A HUGE KEY to losing belly fat is in WHAT YOU EAT.  “abs start in the kitchen” – Eating “clean” is great.  – you already make all homemade meals so that’s #1 – no processed foods.  Eat 5-6 small meals a day – eat a lot of protein (almonds are great for a protein filled snack) and actual raw veggies and fruits.  Even Fruit JUICE is processed.  Whole grain breads because they are the closest to clean as it can get (white breads are enriched and bleached) Extra lean meats – throw out the red meat and stick with chicken, fish, and in moderation lean pork. 

JasonsMom2007
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:05 AM

I never eat white anything.  Everything is wheat.  I LOVE fruits and veggies (gotta be raw).  I don't eat meat but I eat a lot of black beans (that I cook myself from dried), egg whites, and veggie meats.

QueenieAbby
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Have you ever heard the saying, "Abs are made in the kitchen?"  It's true.  Food is just as important as exercise when it comes to a flat tummy.  You may have some foods in your diet that are causing bloat or inflammation.  Also, keep in mind that the tummy is usually the last to go away when on an exercise and diet regimen.  Women will usually lose it first in the upper body (and unfortunately, the boobs go first)... then the thighs... then the tummy.  Please find below a copy of a post I did last week on foods you should have in your diet.  Remember that the enemy for a flat tummy is pre-packaged, processed, refined, fast and junky foods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wanted to post a bit of information on good "clean" foods to include in your diet.    Many women believe they need to count calories in order to lose weight which can be very aggravating to say the least as it's time consuming and a big headache.  But, counting calories isn't really necessary.  The best thing to start out with is to get into a habit of eating clean foods and balancing them.  There are so many fad diets on the market that tell you to either stay away from fat or carbs.  But, Ladies, that is NOT healthy!  Our bodies are meant to have protein, carbs (veggies, fruits, whole grains), and essential fats.  When we eat, we need to include all of these foods.  Most people who are overweight gained most of their weight because their diets were unbalanced, and it wasn't necessarily fat that got them there.  It was pre-packaged, processed, and refined foods that did.  Those are actually simple carbs -- JUNK foods!  So, make sure your meals and snacks are balanced from one of the foods from each category --> protein, carbs, and fats.  The following is a list that will help you if you haven't already been eating this way. It's not an exclusive list, but you'll get an idea of what's full of good nutrition that will feed your body lots of vitamins, boost your metabolism, and keep you healthy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PROTEINS:  lean red meats, skinless chicken breast, white turkey, fish (salmon, tuna, mackerel, etc.), pork tenderloin, egg whites, low-fat cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, skim milk, or protein powder/shake.

CARBS (Veggies, Fruits, & Whole Grains): 

Green & colorful veggies include broccoli, spinach, kale, collars, bell peppers, cucumbers, onions, etc.

Metabolic boosting fruits include grapefruits, apples, pears, and berries of all kinds.  Stay away from high sugar fruits like bananas and oranges.

Whole grains include oatmeal, brown or wild rice, sweet potatoes, and potatoes.  Make sure your servings of these are small because there are a lot of calories in these foods.  Also, stay away from corn as it is highly inflammatory and will cause gain.

ESSENTIAL FATS:  extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, flaxseed oil, flaxseed, olives, avocados, nuts (almonds, walnuts, and pecans), almond & cashew butter; natural peanut butter.  Make sure your servings of these are small because they are also high in calories.

~ Coach Abby, BS, FNS, CPT

"A healthy body is not only one that just looks great but is also one that is healthy and can perform throughout life.  Learn a healthy lifestyle with www.911BodyResQ.com!  Get your meal plan now!"

annie2244
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Quoting NewMommyB:

What sort of things are you eating in general?  A HUGE KEY to losing belly fat is in WHAT YOU EAT.  “abs start in the kitchen” – Eating “clean” is great.  – you already make all homemade meals so that’s #1 – no processed foods.  Eat 5-6 small meals a day – eat a lot of protein (almonds are great for a protein filled snack) and actual raw veggies and fruits.  Even Fruit JUICE is processed.  Whole grain breads because they are the closest to clean as it can get (white breads are enriched and bleached) Extra lean meats – throw out the red meat and stick with chicken, fish, and in moderation lean pork. 

I agree. Much of belly fat, fat cells in general, is your body's response to insulin - which responds to sugar spikes. So I'd track either the glycemic index of the foods you are eating, or track the number/percent of carbs in your day - so fruit juice is worse than fruit because the fiber in fruit reduces it's glycemic index, it's affect on your blood sugar. White bread, rice, potatoes is worse than whole grain bread, brown rice, yams for the same reason. But all are carbs and the total sum of carbs needs to be low to keep the fat cells flat!   I'd recommend the south beach diet - if you have no weight to lose you can go right to stage 3, and tracking what you eat on The Daily Plate, which will show you the number of carbs you eat in a day and the percent of carbs compared w fats and protein.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)