Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Here we go again!!!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:42 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have struggled with my weight all my life. I had my son when I was 18. I weighed 135 when I got pregnant and thought that I was fat then (funny thing is that's what I want to be now). I gained 60 lbs with my pregnancy. It took me a good 6 years to get back down to 140. Then I quit smoking and got married and gained 20 lbs. Then 3 months later got pregnant with my daughter. I gained 60 lbs. When I went into the hospital I weighted 230. wow. I look at pictures and think how did this happen. Then I lost the 60 lbs by the time my daughter was 15 months and thought I was on a good track. Low and behold I find out that I'm pregnant with my 2nd daughter. Once again I shot up to 230 knowing what I went through last time. I still ate and ate. Now my 2nd daughter is 18 months and I am at 187. I want to get my body back. I have not felt good about myself in so long. I want to looking the mirror and see "me". The prettiest I felt is on my wedding day and I was 140. I want that feeling back. I know that I will NEVER be a size 0. I just want to feel good and healthy. I'm tired of being tired.

This is day 1 of my unteenth thousand atempt to loose. I feel like with the support of others and other people knowing what I'm going through will help my win this time.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Farmwoman13
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:14 PM

Hi Sherboge,

I understand exactly how you feel. When I graduated from high school I weighed 110 lbs. and now I'm up to 188 lbs. The worst part is I'm only 5'3". Up until about a year ago I wieghed around 165 lbs, but I became unemployed and I guess I just gave up for a while. However, like yourself I'm starting over for thousandth time to try and lose the weight. I'm hoping that I can get back down to 138 lbs. at least.

We're strong women and therefore we will succeed.

sherboge
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 3:14 PM

Day 1 went well. I ate ok. I did exercise twice. I did 30 Day Shred and Biggest Loser Cardio Max. It is an adjustment to eat healthy. I think another big adjustment is drinking so much water. I hardly drink anything and I think that is one of my problems. But I will make this work!!

sherboge
by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 10:12 AM

I am so proud of myself..... Last night I RAN a mile. I know this does not sound like a big deal but I have never ran a mile without stopping. Without having to take a break or I guess I should say not pushing myself enough to run the whole mile. I'm really proud!! the past 2 days I have felt really good.

Nykkii
by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Running a mile is absolutely a big deal!  Don't downplay it all!  That is HUGE!  I cannot run a mile.  That is hard work!  You're doing great!!  Be proud!

sherboge
by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Thank you Nikkii!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)