Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So... I finally decided to try my Zumba Fitness game (Wii).... and I almost killed myself....(update)

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:48 PM
  • 13 Replies
No, not really... that was a little dramatic... but I do think I almost dislocated my hip.... All I know is, I twisted my leg the wrong way and I felt my hip pop, followed by a really bad burning sensation and now every time I put weight on my left leg my hip starts burning and hurting really bad.... so I am limping around like I'm crippled. I just hope the pain is gone by morning.... so I can walk to my van and drive to GameStop and give them back the evil Zumba game. LoL j/k... kind of. I might give it another try in a few days... but if I hurt myself again, I give up. LoL. I never realized how out of shape I am! Either that, or I'm just a really bad dancer. Actually, I think it's a little of both!

**I posted about this on my Facebook and one of my friends commented me and this is what she said:

"Well I was gonna ask if that game worked...guess it does if you cant get to the kitchen you will lose weight lol hope you feel better"

LOL

Well... I think I might have actually really injured myself last night! 'Cause I am noticing that the pain is a little better, to where I should be able to walk normal... but I can't. I am still limping (for lack of a better term) and no matter how hard I try to walk straight and take a normal step, I still limp. It's like one of my legs is suddenly longer than the other and it's making me walk funny. Great! Maybe I really did pop something out of place! Anyone else ever have this kind of feeling? It's hard to explain!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:50 PM

awww... feel better :(

I did fine until I hit the advanced (aside from being a bad dancer).  The advanced level has a male and I'm sorry, I can't dance like a man!

It's REALLY hard for me to get my heartrate way up.  I can do beginner and intermediate like it's nothing.  I'm in that strange fit but overweight group.

But yeah, I understand the bad dancing thing LOL

ChaoticAtBest
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:03 PM

I hope you do feel better quick! I haven't tried zumba yet, I know I am probably not coordinated enough..lol

mommyof2prince
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:06 PM
Aww feel better, I also was doing zumba for wii and hurt my knee so I havent done it in about three days. They should do a warm up stretch first. IMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:08 PM

aww :( feel better.. Zumba wii is in my amazon wishlist, maybe I should think twice.

thickmamaof2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:12 PM

awwwww i hope its nothing to bad and you can get into it and loose the weight. i got myself the michael jackson game and at first i couldnt do it long but now i can do it for about a hour and a half. only took me a couple of weeks to get to that level but i am also a former dancer. i hope it works out for you!

ChevelleGirl
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:12 PM

I do an actual Zumba class and I love it!  I almost bought the Wii game yesterday, but figured my DH would bitch that I was still payin to go to a Zumba class if I had the game. Since I love the class so much I don't want to quit, so no game for me. I hope you feel better. Don't give up on it just yet :)

JenMarie2007
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:39 PM

BUMP!

Livin4_AnO
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:07 AM
Lol @ your friends fb comment!. . . Hope you didn't do any major damage and the pain goes away!. . . Feel better! Take it easy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:10 AM
I love Zumba for the wii! Hubby enjoys watching and picking on me! Hope you feel better! And don't give up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lvmeeyes
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:03 PM
I love my game but it did take a few tries spaced several days a part to get it right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)