Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

EARLY birthday present

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:34 PM
  • 6 Replies

So, my birthday is next month...the 25th to be exact. I will be 36. Man, where has the time gone?!?!

Dh looks at me earlier and says " I have your birthday present and I'm sooo tempted to give it to you early, but I feel bad because then you won't get anything on your birthday."

( My love language is gifts- I love them...little things like a bag of twizzlers will make me dance, BTW and Dh's love language is physical touch- soooo not gifts..he is not into gifts at all..he can take them or leave them...so for him to say this was HUGE.)

I looked at him and said " It's up to you."

So, I get Karli and Lilly out of the shower and got Karli dressed. I came into the den to sit down for a few minutes and he comes walking in the room with the kids and a bag.

Lilly begged me to open it, so....being the nice mommy I am- I had to indulge her! LOL

I GOT A NOOK!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been having Nook envy for quite a while now. I bought Dh one for his birthday back in September, my MIL got one, my mom bought herself one at Christmas and my SIL got one for Christmas...talk about envious! Well, Dh had talked me into doing Nook for PC a few months ago and I told him last night that when I finished the book I was reading that I was going to buy a book for PC that I have been wanting for a while now. It is about a man that is an Olypmic runner and a WW2 vet named Louie Zamperini called Unbroken...

I read a blurb in Runner's World a few months ago about it and have wanted it. So, I told him earlier I finished my book and I was going to buy it.....so, that is why he gave me my toy early! It is so I could buy and it and read it on my Nook!!

Yes, I bought the book! I am on page 20 of 475 already and it is a wonderful read so far. I absolutely cannot wait to read more about this amazing man's life and his journey into running. He is still alive and well in California and is well into his 90s. He was born in 1917 and was quite the "bad boy" growing up it seems... I cannot wait to read more, so I'm off to my warm bed!

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13

Group Mod- Healthy Weight Loss

Group Mod- Picky Eaters

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Nykkii
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:48 PM
That's an awesome gift!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Livin4_AnO
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:41 AM
Ooooo I love to read and totally want one of those! Enjoy!! ")
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twnkedee
by Tia on Mar. 29, 2011 at 8:23 AM

Very Cool!! Congrats on the Nook and the good read.

Tigger0281
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Yay!!! That's very exciting! I have an iPad and I have been looking into doing the online books from it but haven't gotten that far yet.

natural.mama
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Awesome! I have a Kindle and LOVE it! Occasionally I get a little taste of Nook envy still though...lol

ChaoticAtBest
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:41 PM

woohoo! I want one too, but keep debating..lol That is an awesome gift though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)