Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The fat wimp in karate class..

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:29 PM
  • 7 Replies

I want to join the adult karate class at my kid's dojo, but I am so intimidated. If you even look at me funny I bruise, so I am afraid to get hit, and I have seen the class, they work out REALLY hard. I am afraid I will be the fat wimp hiding in a corner if I join the class. A couple of the women in the class have encouraged me to join, and that I will be fine, but I have a hard time being encouraged by a 125lb blackbelt who I have seen spar and win against a 250 lb man. The thing is, bruises heal, and I really think I would love it. I totally hate that in times like these I hold myself back so much. Grr...

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Nykkii
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:45 PM
You can do it! Go for it!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yngmomma21833
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:35 PM

I would do it. I also bruise really easy but they never really hurt and I almost never know where they came from.

Livin4_AnO
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Go for it! What do you have to lose ya know?! If you think you'd like it I thing you should give it a try.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nadias
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:03 AM

If you think you would really enjoy it, go for it! What is the worst thing that could happen? I guarantee it's not as bad as your imagination can make it out to be. If you don't do it, you will forever regret not at least trying.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:26 AM

I would LOVE to do join the adult class at my dd's studio as well...the thing holding ME back is that the classes are at almost 9 pm...not conducive to a mommy that has a 5 yr old and 2.5 yr old to put to bed...IF they would let daddy do anything at bedtime that would help, but they refuse to let him do story or anything. grrr....

They are talking about doing a Cage Fitness class there and it would be an early morning class on Saturday and a class or two in the afternoons...that I could swing. Of course, we spend well over $1000 just for our dd so the cost is a deterent as well for me....we will be putting dd#2 in when she turns 4, but we have another year before she starts...

Go for it! Do NOT let weight or bruising hold you back! Conquer that fear! Martial Arts are great for weight loss and exercise!

Claire

Jinx-Troublex3
by on Apr. 9, 2011 at 6:09 PM

I had to join the group to reply to this one! LOL

DO IT!! I jumped in this past october and joined the adult class at the dojo where my three kids train. I LOVE IT!! Yeah, I'm fat, and I'm old but so are others in the class.. I've lost 12 pounds JUST from adding in the exercise with no diet change and still drinking my margaritas every few nights! LOL

It is the most awesome full body workout. I come home DRIPPING nasty and exhausted but my body feels SO good for it. I really feel uggg if I miss a week of class.The first few weeks were REALLY hard, a different body part hurt each week but after about a month, it isn't bad at all.

We wentto a tournament today andhad about 15 kids/adults from the dojo compete and someone placed in EVERY  event they competed against. NOT ONE person went home empty handed (many had multiple wins).  Our dojo has a rule that you must be yellow belt or above (1st earned rank) to compete so my kids and I didn't try this time but we are all belttesting in My and will be competing in June!  It is SO fun having something more to do withte kids.

hbeam27
by on Apr. 9, 2011 at 6:12 PM

I too am like you. I soooo want to take an adult ballet class.  But I am scared that I won't be able to cut it.  I'll be that chunky lady in the back sweatin her ass off with a bunch of teenage girls secretly laughing at me.  

One of these days 'll do it!  You should too!  Its easy to get into shape when doing something fun!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)