Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how to do it?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:08 PM
  • 8 Replies

i havent been to the gym in almost 3 weeks. it depresses me. i know that when i first started going a couple months ago, i was working out 4 or 5 times a week and still not seeing ANY results. im scared that that will continue. what do i need to do to lose weight?!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lucki_flip05
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:10 PM
Are you eating good? The weight will not come off if ur not eating properly and healthy. If u are eating good and exercising then try measuring urself maybe your losing inches not weight. If that doesn't work, get ur thyroid looked at.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HKittyCrzy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:22 PM

no im not eating that great. i hate to diet. it makes me so hungry and makes me crave and only think about food ALL the time. i was hoping adding exercise would help. but right now i havent been exercising and now im gaining again.sad

Livin4_AnO
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:27 AM
You can't have one without the other kwim. You won't see results until you eat good too. I don't like saying diet more of a life style change. Don't starve yourself take baby steps and cut things out one at a time. Start paying attention to the calories Find out your BMR and go from there. Healthy eating and excersize go hand and hand. Also make sure you are drinking half your body weight in water (oz). Good luck hun. You can totally do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Predestinedmom
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:40 AM

About 6 months ago I was personal training at home with a friend and lost several inches, but not 1 lb! I needed to change my foods that I was eating.

Nykkii
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:45 AM

What everyone else said, you need to focus on what you're eating too.  Don't starve yourself... aka... don't diet.  Make a healthy lifestyle change.  Start small.  When you want a snack, don't go for snack cakes, ice cream, chips, etc.  Go for fruit, veggies, almonds... healthy things.  Switch to whole grains... brown rice, whole wheat bread and pasta.  And watch your portions.  You can still eat foods you love, in moderation. 

atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Its a good mix of eating right and exercise.  Good metabolism reving up foods etc.  If you eat too much you won't lose and IF you eat too little you won't either. 

atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 11:09 AM

My husband exercises 7 days a week but he gains at least 10 lbs per year because of the way he eats.  He does 5 miles a day on the eliptical on the weekends and 2 miles per day on weekdays. 

HKittyCrzy
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 7:57 PM

oh wow! okay, thanks for the examples. i cant believe someone that runs that much can still gain!

at dinner tonight at wendy's i chose a grilled chicken sandwich and a side salad with fat free french dressing. and i ate after i went to the YMCA to do an hour of Zumba!

its a start right?

my big proble is im a major all or nothing person and its hard to change. i feel like i have to do it all and do it perfect or else why even try.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)