Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LillyJD's journal!

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:04 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hello!

I like the idea of having a weight loss journal. I have 100 lbs to lose as of right now. My husband and I have been TTC for almost two years now and I really think our health is a big part of why we haven't. I've had one pregnancy, that ended in a miscarriage last spring. Tomorrow it will be exactly one year since we lost our baby. We are both overweight and heavy smokers. We have a deployment coming up though, and we REALLY want to conceive before he has to leave!!

My weight has been fluncuating a lot over the years. I think my biggest struggle was soda, at first. I loved my Dr. Pepper. I think I've weaned myself off of it though. Now I'm focusing on quitting smoking. I've been nicotine free for 24 hours now. I've spent a lot of time reading articles at http://www.whyquit.com/- it's a really great resource, in my opinion, for anyone who wants to quit smoking. I'm having nicotine cravings fairly often, but so far I'm handling it okay :) I read that the average episode lasts an average of three minutes so I just keep reminding myself of that and sure enough, it seems to pass within 2 to 5 minutes. Although, at times those minutes feel like hours LOL. My husband is doing pretty well too. It seems to be easier for him than it is for me, but then again I smoked a pack and a half a day and he smoked half a pack. I'm not sure how much of a difference that would make with the withdrawel but either way... I'm glad he's having an easy time with it but in the midst of a nicotine fit it ticks me of LOL.

I'm mostly going to use this post to keep track of what I eat and how much I exercise. So far today I had a yogurt for breakfast (blueberry, Activia- my favorite :-D), lunch was leftover pizza and I've been drinking water most of the day. I did have one glass of sweet tea. I think breakfast is my hardest meal to figure out. I'm not much of a morning person and I hate most traditional breakfast food.

I am getting ready to go for a walk with my buddy. Here she is, watching a squirrel:

Best walking partner ever :)

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
1sitter
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Good luck to you, you can do anything you put your mind to and stay focused!!!

LillyJD
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Quoting 1sitter:

Good luck to you, you can do anything you put your mind to and stay focused!!!

Thank you!

LillyJD
by on May. 30, 2011 at 2:54 PM

I completely forgot I was in this group! I got a bit sidetracked this past month or so. I'm in Alabama and we were hit by the tornadoes on the 27th so we didn't have power for awhile, then when my work was able to open back up we were crazy busy!

Things are getting back to normal somewhat though. I joined a gym! Curves actually. I really like it so far. I've also been doing the New York City Ballet workout that I found on Youtube. I'll post the videos later :) I joined Sparkpeople (if you are there, feel free to add me- screenname is LillyJD there also). I lost some weight, did some comfort snacking in the weeks following the storms, gained some back, and now I'm working on losing again.

LillyJD
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:10 AM

So far today I'm doing good. I had watermelon and cantelope for breakfast. I took Lilly on a mile-long jog (was supposed to be a walk more than a jog but puppy dog wanted to run!). It is SO HOT outside though! It wasn't too bad when we left but it got hot fast. We're gonna put in another two miles later on this evening when the sun starts to set.

I'm doing good on water intake today too- I'm on my second glass. It's already 10 AM here and I've been up for about four hours now. I'm just not that good about drinking water in the morning- gotta have my sweet tea in the morning LOL. I need to try to avoid starting the day off with tea though, I know it's got too much sugar.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)