Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recreating "out" food at home.

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:23 PM
  • 6 Replies
My husband and I remake "out" food at home with healthier bits and pieces, so we can still enjoy what we like but better for you.
My son once did the whole, "I want McDonald's" whine thing as I made him an egg sandwich on thin wheat bread with a vegetarian "sausage." Then I told him it wasn't McDonald's, it's McMamas, he was thrilled, and the trend started.
Now all of our favorite restaurants are available at home via Mama and Papa: Mamabucks (Starbucks), Papa Robin (Red Robin, Daddy makes turkey burgers on the BBQ), McMamas and McPapas, Mama Garden (Olive Garden) etc.

Tonight we had a fun time contemplating acronyms for Chipotle. Mamapotle?

So I'm cooking pinto beans (with less salt and no fat), grilled chicken, fresh salsa, corn tortillas, green chile rice, avocado, and fresh lettuce. Not TOTALLY chipotle, but close enough. Burrito bowl! :)

Does anyone do this? I find it's a good way to not feel left out of the food I love but my body doesn't, LOL.
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Predestinedmom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Sounds yummy! My mom always does that! The crazy thing is that she is really good at making her foods taste really close to the item we normally get at the resteraunt!

reneawesley
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Sounds great.

momof5kiki
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:09 PM

I want to know what you do for starbucks!  I have yet to create a good (has to have at Starbucks) at home.

momof5kiki
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Oh, and I love our cloth diaper pic :-)

kristybaby2
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:12 PM

no but definitely a great idea and a money saver for sure!!

MamaKarrot
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 11:05 PM
Quoting momof5kiki:

I want to know what you do for starbucks!  I have yet to create a good (has to have at Starbucks) at home.

I'm a coffee snob, so I totally understand. I almost always prefer actual starbucks (I get a healthy drink there so usually money is more of the issue). My husband is the maker of Papabucks so I don't really know his secrets. Usually when it's MamaBucks for the kids it's fancy hot chocolates I make at home LOL.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)