Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Summer Boot Camp Day 1: Choose Your Summer Activity

Posted by   + Show Post

Summer, aka: bathing suit season, starts in 6 weeks! Don't let the season sneak up on you: six weeks is plenty of time to shape up and get on the healthy track!

Your activity for Day 1 is: Choose an exercise or activity you really like

Could you walk forever but hate to jog? Do you love to dance? Prefer the outdoors over the gym? Figure out the aerobic activities you love and focus on those this summer. You'll be much more likely to stick with a workout you enjoy than one you're forcing yourself to get through. Once you've got an activity, make a plan to do said activity at least 3 times a week. Write it down on the calendar for all the summer months, and cross that day out each time you do it. Trust us, writing it down can be very motivating!

• Don't have a favorite workout yet? See what other moms enjoy doing here!
  • Need help staying motivated? Everyone does! Talk about it here!
  •  Wondering when the best time of day to work out is? Read about it here!
  • Have trouble finding time to exercise? Get great tips for squeezing in workouts here, here and here!

What activity are you choosing as your summer exercise of choice? Tell us in the replies!

by on May. 10, 2011 at 12:18 PM
Replies (41-50):
KamsOne
by Member on May. 10, 2011 at 9:34 PM
I'm going to start doing my Wii Fit. I used to enjoy it but haven't done it in a while. :)
Bob192
by on May. 10, 2011 at 10:33 PM
I've tried a spin class. I'm going to try to go at least once a week and work up to being able to do the whole class.
mefingas
by Morgan on May. 10, 2011 at 10:39 PM
Running. I just started to train for a half marathon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Not.So.Virginal
by on May. 10, 2011 at 10:44 PM

I'm a runner.... (well, i say that and want to mean it, I dont see it, but I put on the shoes and go running on occasion, so that makes me a runner)

I wish I could play volleyball more, need a car and a place to play, lol. I want to dance more too... music is a powerful thing and I have been neglecting my love of music for awhile now.

Lisa2424
by on May. 10, 2011 at 11:33 PM
It will be the 30 day shred for me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lisa2424
by on May. 10, 2011 at 11:34 PM
And riding my bike!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
racingcowgirl
by on May. 10, 2011 at 11:38 PM
Lots of walking fishing playing catch with my kids and lifting weights too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moma.BEAR
by on May. 11, 2011 at 12:14 AM

My plan is to workout for one hour with a DVD  M-W-F and T-TH a 30 minute activity. Let's see how it goes :)

floating in pool

tabby1979
by on May. 11, 2011 at 4:39 AM

Swim exercises while holding my son

funmommy123
by Member on May. 11, 2011 at 4:44 AM
Right now I am focusing on walking then building my way up to jogging. About 3 days ago I have been walking 2.3 miles every night. I have an app. on my phone that tracks my workouts for me, what I eat, and lets me know if I went over my calorie intake. It tracjs my ditance and the days that I work out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)