• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For some reason, I can't see it.

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:46 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hi Ladies, I am new to the group (I forgot to introduce myself before posting my before and after pics). My name is Stacy, mom to 3 kids and wife to a very supportive dh. Since Dec 1 I have lost 37-38 pounds and still have 15 more to go.

I have been struggling here lately with not seeing a change in my body. When I look in the mirror I still see myself at 177 pounds, not 140. I can see it in pictures but not in the mirror. When I try on clothes I can now get into an 8 and sometimes a 6, not a 14/16 like I was a year ago, my measurements are smaller and I see the number on the scale, but I can't see my body the way that it is now. I don't know if it is because the scale hasn't been moving faster, or if because my mentality hasn't caught up with the physical weight loss, or what, but I am getting very frustrated. My dh bought me two cute, trendy dresses yesterday and I was suppose to wear one for date night last night and I chickened out because all I could see was what I once looked like instead of what I look like now.

Have any of you struggled with this? Any advice on how to see the body I have now instead of the one that I had then?

by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Livin4_AnO
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:59 AM
well welcome to the group! I'm sorry you are feeling like that I totally understand though. I have the same issue. I'm pretty sure it's all mental. I don't really have any advice since I have the same prob :/ Hopefully someone can give you(& me) some advice! *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:36 AM
Welcome and I see that too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleigh24
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:42 AM
Welcome :) I'm sure it is all mental too. I think it will take time. I'm sorry hun but congrats on your success!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MOM2SWEETNESSx3
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:01 PM

It's a mental thing that takes a while to realize "I AM THIS SMALL". I've been on a journey for the last 2.5 yrs and I'm just recently getting the memo!

mes_deux_amours
by *Andrea* on May. 21, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Welcome to the group! I saw your before and after photos and you look awesome!

You know since you can see it in photos maybe you need to take pictures of yourself rather than relying on a mirror. Do what Cher does in the movie Clueless LOL Anyone get that? No, just me and my friends? Alrighty then... hehe

But, seriously, take a picture and it will give you your true self mage and you can go out with that image in your mind and start changing your mindset.

Good luck!

psych_mom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Thank you. Good idea. I will start having dh take one when we are going out so I don't go change. If I still think that I look bigger, I will put the pic next to one of me when I was heavier.

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

Welcome to the group! I saw your before and after photos and you look awesome!

You know since you can see it in photos maybe you need to take pictures of yourself rather than relying on a mirror. Do what Cher does in the movie Clueless LOL Anyone get that? No, just me and my friends? Alrighty then... hehe

But, seriously, take a picture and it will give you your true self mage and you can go out with that image in your mind and start changing your mindset.

Good luck!

ChaoticAtBest
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:20 PM
welcome to the group!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)