• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your SO supportive?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:27 PM
  • 22 Replies

I don't feel like mine is, is yours? How is your SO supportive if he is? 

by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
D.Tetz
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:34 PM

BUMP!

Jillysmom
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 5:35 PM

I have to say he is however he won't tell me I can't/shouldn't have something,which I wish he would.

psych_mom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Mine is very supportive. He tries to eat as healthy as I do and works out with me very often.

D.Tetz
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:41 PM

My boyfriend stays small not matter how much junk he eats and how much he sits on his butt, I tried talking to him about it today and asked if he would try to eat healthy with me to so I don't have to buy two of everything and cook two of everything... like for example we planned on eating burgers tonight so I have a pack of white buns and then wheat for me and beef burgers for him and turkey for me... but he doesn't want to and it makes it harder having soda and junk around the house and he says I just need to have will power... which I do, but its hard and it would be nice if he was more supportive.

Quoting psych_mom:

Mine is very supportive. He tries to eat as healthy as I do and works out with me very often.

Livin4_AnO
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:11 PM
I don't have one :p ,but I do have a very unsupportive mom that I'm always around so I kinda understand..... I hope he starts supporting you though that can be tough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MOM2SWEETNESSx3
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:53 PM

He's not here to be supportive (deployment) but when he is he says he's supportive but makes it really hard to stay on track. He likes to spoil me with food because that's how it used to be but I started my change 2 depoymments ago and he still hasn't figured it out...to his credit he is gone 1/2 or more of the year. When he is here he does take care of the kids so I can go to the gym kid free so I can take my time or he'll go with me so we can spend time together. 

yngmomma21833
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:46 PM
Maybe to much. If I east even one fry off his plate our my girls he will say things like don't want to ruin all your hard work..really one french fry won't make me gain 35lbs back lol. I still cook different meals for him cause he is a monday dieter (he starts every monday) but I don't mind anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2011 at 10:46 PM
Not really no. He still has all his junk in the house. He won't exercise and he barely has time to watch dd so I can work out by myself. But he has done more then I thought he ever would.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crescentmoon333
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:09 PM

My husband is the same way. He is very thin and muscular and can eat anything. My daughter got lucky and has his build. She can also eat anything and not gain weight. I have the same problem with the junk food and soda. I can say no to the junk food but I am a pepsi addict. At one point it was the only thing I drank. It makes it very difficult to have it in front of me all the time. Oh and he also teases me when I start a new plan of getting healthy. He thinks I am trying to lose weight to look better but it's to get my blood pressure down and be healthier. He tells me I am beautiful how I am and I HATE that! I am unhealthy!!!

Quoting D.Tetz:

My boyfriend stays small not matter how much junk he eats and how much he sits on his butt, I tried talking to him about it today and asked if he would try to eat healthy with me to so I don't have to buy two of everything and cook two of everything... like for example we planned on eating burgers tonight so I have a pack of white buns and then wheat for me and beef burgers for him and turkey for me... but he doesn't want to and it makes it harder having soda and junk around the house and he says I just need to have will power... which I do, but its hard and it would be nice if he was more supportive.

Quoting psych_mom:

azoreesmom
by on May. 22, 2011 at 10:33 AM
Yes he is we workout together.Also help buy healthy food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)