Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In need of some encouraging words please?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:15 AM
  • 15 Replies

Hi Ladies,

My name is Alyssa and I AM A DADDY'S GIRL!...even though i'm 20 and have a little man of my own already lol. My Dad moved away about 3 years ago. He moved to Colombia...as in South America!!! I have not seen him in 2 years and he has not met his grandson yet either :( we just haven't the funds to travel {tickets run about $1000 each and it's a 12 hour flight!} To say the least i miss my dad more than words can express, he has remarried and has had 3 little girls all under 5. I love my step-mom and i love my sisters very much and miss them as well, but sometimes i just cant help but feel left behind or forgotten.....

I'm ok as long as i don't ponder too long on any of these feelings but i'll always have a little hole in my heart yearning for a hug or a kiss from my dad. My family is just so spread out it's overwhelming at times, my mother and grandparents had to move to texas about 2 years ago and i miss them very much as well...thank the Lord for my husband who tries his best to fill all these emotional voids...he's my hero!...

But there's great news!....I get to visit my dad this year with my son!!!!! I'm am sooo excited! i want to loose this weight so badly by December for our visit! I want my dad to see me and be proud and happy and i want that hug of his to wrap me up as tightly as possible without these rolls in the way!! lol I want to be radiant!!! I want to feel beautiful!! I'VE GOT TO DO THIS!

So now that you've learned a little about me, you've probably guessed it but...I'M AN EMOTIONAL EATER! :( I love sweets (they say to me: happy!) and i always pack up my plate (this says to me: emotional security, we've got your back!) UGH.

My Current Statistics:

Weight: 194.6

Waist: 42 in.

Hips: 47 in.

Arms: 14 in.

Thighs: 26 (r) 24 (l)

Size: 16 pants, XL shirts

My Goal Weight: 140 (-)

HERE WE GO!!!! *-60 lbs in 6 months*.....PRAY FOR ME!

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hc_ac_jc_nc
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:24 AM
Im praying for ya sweetie! You can do it!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:43 AM
That is a very reasonable goal!you can do this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jozzie
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:19 AM
I accepted your request on cm but I don't update my profile often. Feel free to add me on fb: Www.facebook.com/jozzierdgz
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyAlyssa2010
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Thank You so much Ladies!

It means the world to me to have some support!you rock

MommyAlyssa2010
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Lord, Today was a horrible day to start this journey!....i completely forgot last night that today was our monthly "Women's Luncheon" @ the church!...plenty of temptation :( Thank God though that only 10 of us we're able to make it o it really cut down the tempting options! But still the theme was salads, which made me feel hopeful that i might get away with a healthy enough plate...that was a rude awakening when i got there because the ladies decided to bring PASTA SALADS...almost all of them, the others brought sweets! ahhhhh! .....(i did show restraint, i must admit, i didn't eat nearly as much as i know i would have otherwise)

Also today has been a very emotional day, as i mentioned above my family is very spread out and we had been planning on moving near my mother in Texas for a month now, everything on our end was going great as far as finding a property management realtor to show our house and find rentors for us...our "for rent" sign was up and everything!....but to my deep dissapointment, we just have not been able to find a home in Texas to rent...partly because of our terrible credit, no rental history and my husbands felonies on his record. :( So we pulled the plug today and i've spent most of the morning in a terrible mood and crying a bit here and there. Plus my husband has been in one of his moods since the moment he woke up! ugh*

So the first part of the 1st day sadly = Semi-Failure. :( ...but i kind of set myself up for it..even though there's no excuses.

I'll get better at this tomorrow i promise.

MommyAlyssa2010
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 1:58 AM
Second part of the day was a lot better i drank a lot of h2o and had a homemade "turkey beef", whole wheat taco with salad for dinner..yum!

I went grocery shopping today also....very succesful! all healthy goods and i have a planned menu for this whole week...Excited!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyAlyssa2010
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Today was so much better, thank the Lord! :)

We went to church this morning and so i had to skip breakfast, since we're always running late. I actually had to prepare myself for this since last night because at church our wonderful mommas in the group bring a wide assortment of goodies, mostly all pastries and desserts. I am so stinking proud of myself because i walked straight past the picninc table full of goodies! :) TWICE! lol sry but thats huge for me. lol** 

We came straight home, instead of going along with the crowd and eating at the pizza parlor right next door. I made Shrimp Ceviche with pita chips for lunch and watermelon for dessert. It came out awesome :)

I have yet to start a workout routine tomorrow which i know is necessary so I'm planning one out tonight. I'm going to start with walking everday for sure and just kick it up a notch from there every couple days...did i mention i live 3 houses away from a large gym?! lol yeah im pathetic!

Tonights dinner is going to be extra small, we were pretty satisfied with the Ceviche. Maybe even a bowl of cereal with fruit for dinner tonight? If that. :)

I'm happy with my efforts today. :) Tomorrow going to kick it up a notch and get more strict as the week progresses....Pray for me ladies! :)praying

KimberlyMKasten
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 10:00 PM

good luck

MommyAlyssa2010
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 10:03 PM

Thanks!

MOM2SWEETNESSx3
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 10:16 PM

You can do this! Keeping of food/exercise journal has been a great help for me so maybe that can help you too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)