Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

~Alexsi1's Weight Loss Journal~

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:21 AM
  • 0 Replies

I have been overweight my entire life. I had a baby almost 4 months ago and have lost 28 pounds since then but have hit a roadblock. I have hypothyroidism and PCOS and have a hard time losing weight. I am getting my thyroid levels done next week.

I have horrible eating habits. I should know better, being a nurse. I have never really ate very healthy. Being in a family where both parents worked pretty much around the clock, we had a diet of mainly box dinners, fast food or carry-out. My 3rd brother, who watched us when my parents worked, couldn't cook to save his life. My mom finally retired when I was a teenager and she made more healthier meals then. I could kick myself for not taking the time to watch her. Being married, I still struggle with preparing healthy meals and not wanting to pop a Banquet dinner in the oven. And I struggle even more trying to budget for them because I see how much more the healthier stuff is and not enough coupons for it.

I have already cut out all fried foods and as much as DH hates it, we are going with frozen and fresh veggies instead of canned for now. I have never been a big veggie/fruit person, but I do like fresh spinach and have some of that to snack on.

I will start journaling after Tuesday, when I get my levels checked and make sure everything is ok on that end.

lesbiansboy on a swing

In a Nutshell: I am a formula feeding, disposable diapering, circumsizing, selective vaxing, part time working proud new Mama to my DS Sean born 2/15/11. I have been married to DH since 10/15/2005.

Baby born March 2011? Join me in March 2011 Babies! (Group Mod)

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)