Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Aargh! Losing pounds, but few inches!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:39 AM
  • 6 Replies

I started out around 154lb and now I'm 130-132lb, most of the way to my goal of 120-125lb. But, I've only dropped maybe two pants sizes, maybe one shirt size (hard to tell because I have to go up a size or two because of my breasts), and nothing from my breasts at all.  I mean, I lost a band size months ago, but nothing from the cups and I can't tell that I've really lost any inches. I was taking measurements, but I think I messed up because I know I've lost inches (because I had to buy smaller pants, and a lot of my old clothes don't really fit anymore), but my measurements now are coming out larger than my starting ones! I don't understand this at all.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
nlonnon
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:58 AM

I don't measure, so I have no clue :(  Maybe someone might be able to give you some ideas about those!

wahmx3
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Why would you expect to have lost more than 2 pants sizes? That seems like a lot since you only lost 20-25 pounds, for me, I have lost 11 pounds and am not down to the next pant size and likely won't be for another 10 pounds yet. Also are you exercising? When you convert some of the fat to muscle, you will look better and lose more inches rather than strictly counting calories.

Mrs.BAT
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:19 AM

I haven't been working out as much since it got hot because I've almost passed out a few times (and did pass out once last summer while working out), but I am working out with less cardio all at once. I'm doing more strength training than before, and just breaking cardio up into smaller segments so I don't end up passing out again. I've been losing this weight since last year, and in the past when I've dropped 5or 10lb, I've lost about a pants size, and that was when I wasn't working out as much as I am now.

Maybe it's because I'm close to the "right" size or because I weigh less this time. When I first started losing weight 2 years ago (after I had DD), I weighed about 180lb and I was a size 13/14. Every 5-10lb I lost, I dropped a size. Then I sort of plateaued around 155lb until last fall when I started trying to finish losing the weight again.

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:23 AM
What exercises are you doing? I have lost 20 pounds or more and I have gone down from a ten to a seven but I also yoyoed for months in the time I wasa loosing inches. I'm now just back to loosing weight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:44 AM
Ugh moblie *in that time I wasn't loosing inches*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:50 AM
I think you might be right. You might be at you right size! Don't get discourage momma your doing great your body will let you know lol. Keep going strong!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)