Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh...back fat

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:14 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ladies, I need advice...how do I get rid of back fat?? What kind of work should I be doing to tone the back and sides. I'm looking for something I can do at home...and for free.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melly_v88
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:16 PM

omg I just realized I had back fat and FREAKED out. Bump!

Stefanie83
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:29 PM
Well I love the 30 day shred DVD but honestly the best way to get rid of back fat is to lose fat in general through eating healthier and being active. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Yep, once again, I agree with Stefanie...great advice mama!

beti78
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:17 PM
I am eating healthier & walk & do cardio dvd couple times a week. I've already lost 40lbs! It never occurred to me to do something specific for my back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Inana
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:13 PM

I have back fat too, and lots of it.  To tone it up, sit down on a stool or chair.  Take baby or some books.  You can use a small book bag full of rice or dry beans.  If those are too heavy try a froen chicken or something like that in each hand or if you have too use both hands.  Lift baby up above your head and slowly bring down.  Keep your back straigth!  Lift baby up, and slowly back down again, keep baby at chest level and don't go any lower!  If you have two book you can do one at a time or both at the same time. 

Do three reps of 10 - 12 for a few weeks.  When this becomes easy breezy for you, find something heavier and do three reps of 10 - 12.  You'll begin to see a V shaped back in a few weeks. SEXY MAMAS!!!

Kimberlynn
by Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:21 PM
Thanks for the tip Inana! I am definately going to try this.

Quoting Inana:

I have back fat too, and lots of it.  To tone it up, sit down on a stool or chair.  Take baby or some books.  You can use a small book bag full of rice or dry beans.  If those are too heavy try a froen chicken or something like that in each hand or if you have too use both hands.  Lift baby up above your head and slowly bring down.  Keep your back straigth!  Lift baby up, and slowly back down again, keep baby at chest level and don't go any lower!  If you have two book you can do one at a time or both at the same time. 

Do three reps of 10 - 12 for a few weeks.  When this becomes easy breezy for you, find something heavier and do three reps of 10 - 12.  You'll begin to see a V shaped back in a few weeks. SEXY MAMAS!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sanj1213
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:28 PM
When you're walking bend your elbows like your going to run and swing your arms back and forth. You can also try push ups and pull ups, all good for back fat.
beti78
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:47 PM
Thank u Inana & sanj1213... I will def start on these tmrw AM!! I am taking kids to a pool party in 3 weeks. Although my swim suit is not very revealing, I want to feel comfortable in it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetnspacey
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:39 AM

ashleyfm
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:57 AM
Thanks for this question, it will help me too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)