Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breakfast on the Weekend

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:19 PM
  • 14 Replies

Does your breakfast change on the weekend?  Do you have a bigger breakfast on the weekend when your family is all together?  Do you have traditions you do?  

Share with us ladies!

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Powerstamper
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:34 PM
DH likes to make bacon and eggs and all the fattening stuff that I shouldn't eat. Sometimes I don't eat it and sometimes I just have very little, like one egg and 2 bacon... It's hard to be good on the weekends though!!
M2EandB
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:44 PM

I usually eat the same thing everyday. Occasionally I will make a big breakfast on the weekends but I like to sleep in so it doesnt happen too often! ;-) 

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:52 PM
I Don't really have a weekend. S/o works night and sometimes only has one day off a week and I'm a sahm so. No weekends no difference lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeredithDav
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:47 PM

I think it just depends on weekend activity. If it's a swimming weekend, breakfast could be a little heartier like pork chops, hash-browns, eggs, and toast.

If everyone is parked around the TV watching movies (like on a soggy rainy day), it's usually hot blueberry pancakes.

If it's going to be a long shopping/errand day (haircuts included), nobody is ever hungry for breakfast. We try to do an OJ & bagel before leaving home.

sanj1213
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:48 PM
No my breakfast doesnt get bigger because its the weekend. Pretty much stays the same, for the most part.
twnkedee
by Tia on Jul. 9, 2011 at 7:45 AM

Breakfast is me alone at 5 am so no, no changes here!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 9, 2011 at 7:50 AM

Nope...we are busy everyday and the kids usually just want cereal. We eat big breakfasts for dinner a lot though.

Claire

nlonnon
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 7:55 AM
No change here. Occassionally I will make pancakes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tooptimistic
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 8:07 AM
I try to mix it up. A yogurt and bannana or and egg and turkey bacon or oatmeal and frozen berries..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 9, 2011 at 8:18 AM

My breakfasts usually stay the same on the weekend too:)  Sometimes if my husband's home, I'll make something for him like bacon, eggs, sausage, etc. but not very often:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)