Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOT yoga!!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:22 PM
  • 10 Replies
Has anyone tried this? My uncle is a yoga instructor and has Done it many times. And love it lol. For me I figure I'm still a beginner in yoga to even be trying it lol. I hope by next year ill be confident enough to do it! So have you done it ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaKarrot
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Never done it, lol. I've tried regular yoga...what's the difference between the two? (sounds like something awesome, lolol)

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:29 PM
Its like doing yoga in a sauna lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sanj1213
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:32 PM
I've heard of it but never tried it. I think its suppose to burn more calories.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 9, 2011 at 8:43 AM

Never tried yoga at all to be honest.

frecklesthehen
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:41 AM

im not a joga type girl, and im not a heat lover. sorry.

i did read an article online somewhere that said its actually better to keep cool during workouts, since when you are cooler you can go longer. i noticed a difference when i put a little fan in front of my bike. But for joga, where its a set amount of time... I have no idea. Good luck tho, and let is know how it goes for you!

ArmyGal
by Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:43 AM

Not a yoga type of girl either lol. I'm bored half way through.  But hot yoga is the newest craze, people been talking about it on my facebook. Good luck to you!

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:14 AM
For most workout I do agree keeping cool is better. However this is to get you to a deeper enlightenment. It can be dangerous and ppl who don't listen to there own bodies do past out. I just think it would be something DifferEnt to try I also with the next year try zumba. :) I just don't want to get bored doing the same ol same old.

Quoting frecklesthehen:

im not a joga type girl, and im not a heat lover. sorry.

i did read an article online somewhere that said its actually better to keep cool during workouts, since when you are cooler you can go longer. i noticed a difference when i put a little fan in front of my bike. But for joga, where its a set amount of time... I have no idea. Good luck tho, and let is know how it goes for you!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Livin4_AnO
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:43 AM
Never done it, never heard of it. I do love yoga though :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Quoting jendawn1:

Its like doing yoga in a sauna lol.

Hahaha oh no!

I hate being sweaty though, so I probably wouldn't like it.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

MamaKarrot
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:13 PM

And to the ladies who haven't tried yoga or don't like it - it's way better to take it as a class than to try to do it at home.  I took classes for a year through a community college near my house.  It was a 1 credit class so it was $75 every semester or so, and I LOVED it and got a really great workout (surprisingly).  I still can't do yoga at home...I get way too distracted and I need someone telling me what to do, you know?

Just an idea if you want to try it and struggle getting started at home. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)