Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

plateau!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:36 AM
  • 7 Replies
Help! I'm 3 pounds away from my first mini goal that I set and the scale keeps bouncing around between 183 and 182. What do you do to push past a plateau? I need some motivation and suggestions ladies! TIA!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
afwife_10
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:16 AM
I was at a plateau for days but I just kept eating right and working out it will come off eventually :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:10 AM
I just persevere! Lol. How long have you been stuck? I have gotten stuck around the same for 4 weeks twice now. Super frustrating!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:17 AM
Change things up and it may help. I was stuck for 2 months the last time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeakMommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:21 AM
Its been 3 weeks. Ill lose half a pound one week and then stay the same. I hate the number 182 right now! I'm going to record my food journal in my weightloss journal every day until my next weigh in and I'm going to make sure that I get at least 4 work outs in this week!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:30 AM

What does your diet look lik? Will you post a typical day's menu for me to glance at?? 

Exercise? What are you doing? 

I have read your journal and I saw some swimming and walking, but I can't remember anything else. 

Plateaus happen due to your body getting to used to one thing. Most of the time, people either need to increase or decrease calories and change up exercise. 

Claire

PeakMommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:21 AM
I'm going to post everything I eat today in my journal but not until the end of the day since I'm mobile and its complicated. I only have been walking for exercise because with an 18 month old and a 5 month old I am finding it impossible to clean and workout both so I haven't been working out. Last night I asked Tim for help so I can workout because if I don't have that release, tension builds up and I get really cranky. We will see how it goes but I am planning on getting in 4 days at least of turbo jam before my next weigh in on Tuesday.

Quoting mcginnisc:

What does your diet look lik? Will you post a typical day's menu for me to glance at?? 

Exercise? What are you doing? 

I have read your journal and I saw some swimming and walking, but I can't remember anything else. 

Plateaus happen due to your body getting to used to one thing. Most of the time, people either need to increase or decrease calories and change up exercise. 

Claire

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Usually having a rest day and eating more calories helps me, but everyone is different. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)