• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So frustrated....what am I doing wrong?!?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:03 AM
  • 17 Replies

I have been losing weight since May 13, 2011. When I went to the dr last week it had been 12 weeks. I have lost 28lbs in those 12 weeks. On friday Aug 12, I weighed in at 182.4....today I weigeh in at 185.2 WTH am I doing wrong? I have eaten right and exercised. Some days, I eat more calories than others for my exercise. I do not understand how I have gained almost 3 lbs in 5 days!

The 1st 6 wks, I lost 17 lbs and then the 2nd 6 wks, I lost 11...I know that is great and I am not complaining about the lost, especially in the time frame, but for the last 3 or 4 weeks of that I didn't lose any of the weight! Now I am gaining....

Any advice to what I can do? I am so frustrated this morning!

2009sig.gif picture by fredregillc

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
reneawesley
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:52 AM
Could be it's time for af. You may need to change your exercise up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:07 AM
That has happened to me 3 or 4 times in 6 months. My guess would be that it's water weight and will go down fast. Did you weigh the same time of day? GL! I know it's frustrating but IMO it's super normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:34 AM

What does your diet look like? Will you post a typical day's menu for me to glance through? 

Exercise? What are you doing? How long? How often? 

Are you drinking enough water? 

Claire

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:38 AM
You mAy need to change your calorie intake. Claire is great for that :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovesFredric
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:41 AM

my body seems to change dependent upon my cycle...I try to just stick it through those few days and it usually goes away.  hugs!!

Tigger0281
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:07 AM

It could be that time of the month, you could have eaten extra sodium in a few days than you had been, it could be any number of things. Don't get frustrated. I know that's easier said than done, but continue down the great path that you have been and you will notice it will go back down.

You should also try to make sure that you are drinking at least 92 ounces of water per day (half your body weight in ounces). Any day that you are below this, your body will retain some water. It goes into the "dehydration" mode similar to the "starvation" mode.

PeachyKeenGirl
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Don't over analyze it.  You will be successful!!  It's a matter of sticking with it and no matter what,keep your eye on the final goal.  See yourself @ the weight you're desiring, see yourself wearing the clothes you want.  If you believe, you will receive. 

DandMsMommy
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:13 PM

I have an IUD, so I don't have AF.

I try to change up what I eat so that I don't get burned out on it and so my body doesn't get used to certain things. I eat about 1200-1500 calories a day.

Breakfast:

egg beater, turkey saugsage and cheese on 100 calorie sandwhich thin OR oatmeal with wheat toast

Lunch:

salad, sandwhich or smart ones (not very often, but if I am in a hurry)

Dinner:

meat (usually chicken or pork), and veggies.

Snacks: if I snack I have fresh fruit--strawberries, banana, plum orange Sometimes I will grab 100 calorie pack snacks, but not often.

And I drink at least 100 oz of water per day.

I have a treadmill, a tony little gazelle glider and a portable bike. I do about 30 mins to an hr everyday. I change out each one (mon-treadmill, tues-glider) because I know that it's not good to get stuck in the same routine, the body needs change.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:46 AM

Do you know your BMR?  You might not be eating enough each day and you could also be due for some change too!

DandMsMommy
by Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Claire done it for me before but I can't remember and I can't find the post.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)