• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adjusting to my new schedule :/

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:38 PM
  • 14 Replies
During the summer I was so lucky to work 7:30-3:00. Now I work 7:30-4:30 mon, tues, thurs, and Friday and 7:30-1:00 Wednesday.

That extra 1.5 hrs in the afternoon is killing me so far :/. I feel so tired!

Well that's what I've always done other than the summer so I know I can do it again. But I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up with an hour a day of exercise.

Dh works when I'm home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stefanie83
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:39 PM
It's just going to be an adjustment! ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
becky.wallin
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:50 PM

I'm still looking for a job :(

alyssadominick
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Summer is slowing down for us so my buiesness is starting to pick back up...My days are fixing to be completely out of wack

Stefanie83
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:48 AM

good luck!!!!  do you know what kind of child care you'll be doing when you get a job?  we are starting our kids in 1 day per week child care next week.  we can't afford any more so DH and i work opposite schedules for the most part.

Quoting becky.wallin:

becky.wallin
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:19 AM

I'm not 100% sure. I know we have a program here that is for 3 & 4 year olds. Not sure if its everywhere. But its school. I can become a "teacher" for these grades (pre-k and lower) after I get my associates. I was a teachers aid back in 08-10 and I liked it. So maybe now, I can be the teacher! I know the center where my middle one went when he was 3 wants to start another classroom (they only have 1) so maybe I can do that!? That's what I'm aiming for. The childcare thing would be a little bit harder because I can't do it in my house so I would have to find a building and that's expensive! But we will see. I still have some time to figure it out.

Quoting Stefanie83:

good luck!!!!  do you know what kind of child care you'll be doing when you get a job?  we are starting our kids in 1 day per week child care next week.  we can't afford any more so DH and i work opposite schedules for the most part.

Quoting becky.wallin:

Livin4_AnO
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:13 AM
same here! I almost can't wait to have a busy hectic schedule and be running around with the kids as crazy as it sounds lol

Quoting becky.wallin:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Livin4_AnO
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:16 AM
Do you and hubby get to spend time w/eachother since you work opposite schedules? That just sounds tough, almost like you're both kinda single parents if that makes sense lol Like when you get off work you still have to take care of the kids etc alone :s .... Hope you get ajusted soon & hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:37 AM

It's hard being so busy.  Our schedule is all thrown in the air too with DS starting Kindergarten, me starting school, Hubby starting school.

You know my son gets out of school at 11:20 4 days a week and on Wednesdays gets out at 10:20.  Yesterday I totally forgot it was Wednesday and picked him up an hour late.  He had to sit in the office and wait for me, poor kid.  The office ladies just laughed - I felt so bad, I had 11:20 on the brain for some reason. lol

Stefanie83
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:15 PM

he is off on thursdays and fridays, so we spend those evenings together when i get home around 5.  he works weekends and lately he's been working 12 hour days on weekends but if he doesn't, we have from like 6:00 on saturdays together and sundays until 1:00 

it's really like being single parents half the time!  i don't know how you do it!  anyway we really don't spend much time together.  i get so jealous that my coworkers go home and they have like 5 hours with their kids AND their spouse!  lol. 

this week i'm really struggling with getting the kids to bed because my 4 year old is fighting it big time because of a night mare he had 2 weeks ago. 

Quoting Livin4_AnO:

Do you and hubby get to spend time w/eachother since you work opposite schedules? That just sounds tough, almost like you're both kinda single parents if that makes sense lol Like when you get off work you still have to take care of the kids etc alone :s .... Hope you get ajusted soon & hugs!

Stefanie83
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:16 PM

gosh i bet that happens all the time with the time being different!  DH just started online classes this week too which means the times when we usually would spend together, he'll be studying!  lol.  i mean *cry*!  ;)

he wanted to take FOUR classes and i told him he is crazy.  he is a SAHD from 7am to 5pm, works 5pm-11pm.  he can barely handle 2 classes imo.  (we couldn't afford any more in the end so i won. hehe)

Quoting MamaKarrot:

It's hard being so busy.  Our schedule is all thrown in the air too with DS starting Kindergarten, me starting school, Hubby starting school.

You know my son gets out of school at 11:20 4 days a week and on Wednesdays gets out at 10:20.  Yesterday I totally forgot it was Wednesday and picked him up an hour late.  He had to sit in the office and wait for me, poor kid.  The office ladies just laughed - I felt so bad, I had 11:20 on the brain for some reason. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)