Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cindy's Weight Loss surprise

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:40 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi my name is Cindy and right now I weigh in at 216lbs and I am 5 ft 5 inches.  I am naming this weightloss surprise because I am hoping to surprise myself with losing a little weight before Christmas.  My over all goal is to be down to 130lbs but I know that will take a while.  I have asthma which is triggered by heat and humidity.  Right now in Florida the heat and humidity is kicking my butt and beyond.  I also find myself almost unable to control what I eat. When I become stressed i stick something in my mouth and it usually isnt the healthiest choice.  This week I have been working a lot on eating a lot of fruit, mainly oranges and grapes.  I have also made sure to incorporate veggies into our menu.  There has been a veggie every night this week so far.  For us that is good, we are a meat and starch type of family.  I am horrible about drinking soda and amps.  It is more of a weakness than carbs for me.  I have to force myself to drink water.  I keep trying to get my hubby to be more pro-active but his idea of helping is letting me know it is all about what I put in my mouth and giving me a "sure you will" when I tell him I will lose the weight.  Not that he doesn't try to be supportive he is just doubtful as I am because I have been trying for years with no success.  I am looking forward to having support from other people that are going through the same thing.  

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Stefanie83
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:13 PM
Welcome :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MLozano
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:17 PM

you know what, have you heard of that mio liquid?  it is flavor to add to water.  you just add a squirt.  it is so yummy!  i started drinking that and it is zero calories.  since i started adding that to water i have not had any pop.  (when i do have pop it is diet anyway) but still if you drink regular pop and you cut it out, you can lose weight just from taking those calories away.  but the mio liquid helps with drinking more water and less pop, at least for me.  also try varieties of different fruits and vegetables to keep it fun and to get different nutrients from different sources.

TheBookSiren
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:44 PM
Welcome, Your goals and stats are very similar to mine! I look forward to reading your journal! It is nice to see someone else in the same predicament as myself (although I do not have asthma). I can't wait to see us BOTH reach our goals! :)

Also if you want to get more fruits and veggies in your diet but are having a hard time you can try juicing OR making smoothies. Healthy smoothies are easy and quick to make and you can put such a variety in them and it still tastes fantastic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:29 AM
Welcome momma! This is a great group of ladies! Looking forward to getting to know ya :)! Ps- my s/o was the same way when I started it actually made me work harder to prove him WRONG. YOU CAN DO THIS!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Welcome and good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)