Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My goal ...

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:47 PM
  • 16 Replies

So this is my senior picture. RIGHT before kids (I was 17 here and got pregnant at 17). This is the weight I want to get to. I might not have THAT body, but I want that weight!!

Do you have before pictures that you use for motivation or example??

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mgarze
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:21 PM

I read somewhere that if you were not over weight at 18 then that weight is your ideal weight to be a healthy adult.I am 22lbs over that weight and I am now 37...I would luv to weigh 118 again. Its easier to do it before you turn 30 because then you metabolism slows down...so do it now while its still easy..

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:21 AM
Awesome goal setting !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 6:52 AM
Good luck! You will get there if you put your mind to it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Aug. 18, 2011 at 6:56 AM

Quoting mgarze:

I read somewhere that if you were not over weight at 18 then that weight is your ideal weight to be a healthy adult.I am 22lbs over that weight and I am now 37...I would luv to weigh 118 again. Its easier to do it before you turn 30 because then you metabolism slows down...so do it now while its still easy..

Ummm...maybe for some people but not for me! LOL 

I am 115 lbs and I'm NOT losing 20 lbs and being 85 lbs at the age of 36. I was 85 lbs when I was 18 yrs old and 105 when I got married 16 years ago. I was healthy at 85 lbs and very active, but I looked better at 105 lbs. 

claire

" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Moderator- Healthy Weight Loss

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 18, 2011 at 6:57 AM

At the age of 18, I weighed about 110 pounds and was a size 2...I was a child back then to be honest...now, I'm a woman with curves (especially after having a child).  My weight at 18 is NOT an ideal weight for me now and I don't plan to weight that little...it wouldn't be healthy for me now.  Even though we are technically "adults" at the age of 18 our bodies continue to change well into our twenties and sometimes into our thirties.  That's just my take:)  

Quoting mgarze:

becky.wallin
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:11 AM

I was 140lbs. And that IS my goal weight. I think that is good weight!! I'm 27 now and this was my senior pic at age 17. I think I looked good. I wasn't super skinny and my boobs looked GREAT ... LOL. Not HUGE like now. I got pregnant right after high school and gained 60+lbs. 

Stefanie83
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:50 AM

i was about 135 when i was 18 and i think that would be a healthy weight for me but i don't really know that i'll ever go that low. lol  ;)  i do have some uhhh private pics that i have as my goal pics and i was about 155 then i would guess.  i know i won't ever look exactly like that though because of the 2 pregnancies ;)

becky.wallin
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Exactly. I know I won't have THAT body but I want to be that weight. I know I will never wear a little string bikini (without surgery) so I'm not looking for that. I want my belly to be flat and not stick out further than my boobs. I don't want my thighs to rub together anymore. I have had 3 kids since that pic so I know there will be differences. 

Quoting Stefanie83:

i was about 135 when i was 18 and i think that would be a healthy weight for me but i don't really know that i'll ever go that low. lol  ;)  i do have some uhhh private pics that i have as my goal pics and i was about 155 then i would guess.  i know i won't ever look exactly like that though because of the 2 pregnancies ;)

Erica_Smerica
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Nope. My body is way different than it used to be and I can't exactly expect it to go back to the way it used to be. And I don't really want it to either. 

Anyway I'm happy with my body. A little bit more fat to lose, a lot of toning to be done- but I still like it!

Tigger0281
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:52 PM

I think that's a great goal! I have my senior pics and prom pic that I have used for motivation previously.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)